Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Autoredirect feature doesnt redirect anything.

After successfull convert, I disable k2 categories, and after that all menu items result in a 404 page.

In components/redirections there appear these broken links, but with no redirect URL…

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

Could you provide the credentials of your site i.e: URL, Admin account? And also the URL of page where I can see the error.

Regards

madbros Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

Would you mind sending me the FTP account also? It’s better with a closer look.

Regards

madbros Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

The Import is done. I had deleted all the Joomla articles, categories (include trashed, archived) and import again.

Because category can not be viewed without menu. If you want to use redirect category, you have to create new menu link to Joomla category with the same structure as k2 menu.

Regards

madbros Friend

Ok, I think I start to understand… 🙂

Article redirections are created ‘on the fly’, so when a searchbot or so hits an old k2 deleted/disabled article the redirection appears automaticly in the redirections component.

Category menus are not auto-redirected, and there is no really need to mantain the old k2 menu items, the only thing to do with this menus is to point them to the new joomla categories (aliases are the same, so no redirection is needed).

Is this correct?

Mo0nlight Moderator

That’s right.

And glad to hear that helped.

Have a nice day!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum