Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NO one really has answered the obvious question…Is it faster or better than what we have been doing? I get the whole local storage issue, but does it really speed up page loads? While Hung Dinh has established it works and claims to use it for all of his site, this really isn’t 100% accurate. From what I can determine, maybe 5%-10% is being served up from the cloud and frankly, I find the joomlart.com website to be incredibly slow (across all browsers on Mac & PC) and at times, so slow that it won’t even load and I get server time out pages. So is this cloud storage/service worth the extra cost and effort?

Thoughts anyone?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

IT does speed up. For our main site, only php and DB are now on server, All images (including css images from template), Javascripts, CSS files are loading from S3 and for the past 2 weeks, they are loading from cloudfront.

There is a huge improvement. Our server load has gone down drastically.

Most of the elements are now external links.

Downside, with cloudfront, if you replace any file, it takes hours to reflect the change, but if you add a new file, it gets propogated instantly and you get to download that file from your nearest server.

Give it a test, there are many online services for speed / loading time checking services.

Arvind

alpinevp Friend

It is hard to test when it is not working for me. If you are having huge improvements with page loads, how come more often then not, the main website joomlart.com takes forever to load?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alpinevp 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum