Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Further to my previous announcement, today I am proud to inform that all JA Templates has been updated to Joomla 1.5.5.

If you are using any templates, please download the new version at the Download Area, read the change logs to see if there is any of your bugs/problems has been fixed.

wogand Friend

what if I just completed the site in joomla 1.5.3 and perhaps VM 1.1. Is there a easy patch upgrade available?

migors Friend

It could be good to know that?

andybezara Friend

Hello

Thank you very much for your job.

Could you explain what is the best way to update templates?

One of my sites is running on Edenite 1.2 and there is a new version available (1.3)

How can I update? Delete my current version? Install new one?

Thank you

Andy

instantinlaw Friend

Great Job,
    Thanks Hung! 🙂

instantinlaw Friend

andybezara;72026Hello

Thank you very much for your job.

Could you explain what is the best way to update templates?

One of my sites is running on Edenite 1.2 and there is a new version available (1.3)

How can I update? Delete my current version? Install new one?

Thank you

Andy

Check the change log to see if you should reinstall any modules along with the new template. Just uninstall & reinstall whatever needs to be updated. While you are at it you should also download any patch files from Joomla.org and update the core to 1.5.5 as well.

instantinlaw Friend

wogand;72009what if I just completed the site in joomla 1.5.3 and perhaps VM 1.1. Is there a easy patch upgrade available?

You can download any Joomla core patch straight from joomla.org and just replace the files in the patch with the ones on the site keeping the same structure.
    I believe VM 1.1 has an auto update feature now. All you have to do is click a button.

Michael Casha Friend

You can download the patch for Joomla at http://www.joomla.org, and with our templates just simply overwrite the files with the new ones (making sure you keep any edits you have previously made).

sbaldwin Friend

Hi There,
    Sorry for this question however I’m still learning and havn’t done an upgrade before! Anyhow, I currently use JA Quillaja V1.1 for Joomla 1.5.2 (even though I have Joomla 1.5.3 installed). I’m thinking about installing Virtuemart and selling Guitar straps with my template and hopfully I can do that with the template without messing up the website. Virturemart now has a bundled upgrade for Virtuemart AND Joomla 1.5.5.
    Would it be advisable to install the bundled package from VirtueMart, and if so what do I install first? Do I install the updated JA Quillaja Template first then followed by the Virtuemart and J1.5.5 bundled package after installing the updated template? Will all my articles and images stay intact? I’m a bit confused on how to do this without losing my work on my website so far. :confused: Thanks for any help!

wogand Friend

hi, I made a website with the quickstart larix 1.2 + vm 1.1. for joomla 1.5.3.
    I updated the vm with the two patches and joomla to 1.5.5.

there is a larix v.1.3 for joomla 1.5.5 now. I was wondering if any adjustments has been made to the template itself. Do I need to overwrite any template files from the new quickstart?

sbaldwin Friend

Hi Miccas,
    The part I’m not sure about is when you say “making sure you keep any edits you have preveously made”. So When I write over old files with the New Template Updates how do I keep the old edits intact? Sorry I’m new at this and not getting it! :confused:

mayke Friend

Hi,

Where is the ‘Change Log’s’ page of any templates has updated?
    And do I need to redownload the source files too?
    I didn’t see in the download area?

Thank you.

sbaldwin Friend

Hi InstantInlaw,
    I just upgraded to J 1.5.6. Now I would like to upgrade my template, JA Quillaja. I download template v1.3 (latest). Below is the changelog I see for this version of my template. I have no idea what to make of it and what I’m supposed to write over:confused:. Can anyone help? I just need to know what to update and how. Thanks for any help!
    Changelog
    Legend:
    * -> Security Fix
    # -> Bug Fix
    $ -> Language fix or change
    + -> Addition
    ^ -> Change
    – -> Removed
    ! -> Note
    ——————– 1.3 Stable Release [Jul-2008] ———————
    31-Jul-2008

^ update to joomla 1.5.5

#Login Errror
    References : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/project.php?issueid=164

tonyg Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 71822 wrote:</em><blockquote>Further to my previous announcement, today I am proud to inform that all JA Templates has been updated to Joomla 1.5.5.

If you are using any templates, please download the new version at the Download Area, read the change logs to see if there is any of your bugs/problems has been fixed.</blockquote>
    Hi Hung,

As I am sure you are aware the latest version of Joomla is 1.5.6 a security release to address a high level security issue. I am therefore wondering why you have updated to 1.5.5 and not 1.5.6

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tonyg 73611 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Hung,

As I am sure you are aware the latest version of Joomla is 1.5.6 a security release to address a high level security issue. I am therefore wondering why you have updated to 1.5.5 and not 1.5.6</blockquote>

Hi tonyg,

Just to clarify, Joomlart has updated very quickly to Joomla 1.5.5 way back on 5 August 2008 for the JA Teline II, and all the other templates on 6 August 2008.

Joomla 1.5.6 was released only 12 August 2008

Please read this thread:

Joomla 1.5.6 RELEASED

As argued correctly by John in the aforementioned thread, it is not the responsibility of Joomlart or any template company to do for us what is appropriately our jobs when we assume the responsibility as webmasters or if we create websites.

But, as I argued, it is posts like this why Joomlart should do it anyway. 🙂

Updating Joomla

If you know what you are doing, it is easier, faster and safer to do the upgrade to Joomla 1.5.6 yourself — after you have downloaded and unpacked the compresed patch file, it takes about a minute to update to Joomla 1.5.6 via FTP.

For Joomla 1.5.x upgrades, the process is “very simple”, one approach is this:

1. Download the appropriate Joomla update patch, e.g., Joomla 1.5.5 to Joomla 1..5.6 or Joomla 1.5.0 to Joomla 1.5.6, whichever is appropriate for your site.
    2. Unpack compressed Joomla 1.5.x patch
    3. Upload the unpacked Joomla patch rellevant to your situation via FTP

A detailed procedure, including alternative ways of updating Joomla is presented in the Joomla site:

Upgrading 1.5 from an existing 1.5x version
    http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.5_from_an_existing_1.5x_version

In a security Joomla security update of Joomla 1.5.x, it is likely that there is no need to change any of the Joomlart templates itself.

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sbaldwin 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum