Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys would love to get some input from some experienced Joomlart users.

We are finishing off a build of a site using JA Charity http://www.theplatinumlist.com We also own a site http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com built with JA Teline. We are planning or rebranding the magazine to The Platinum List and instead of having a separate site combine it into the platinum list site.

I see on the charity site there is a blog function but wanted it to create a section that was a bit more like the Teline layout perhaps with its own menu instead of a tags function.

I have not used a blog section before so don’t know ho easy it is to edit it to be sort of in between the teline look and the blog look. If anyone has any suggestions or examples of what has been achieved on other sites using the blog section would appreciate the input.

Many thanks Jim

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you are using blog menu type on JA teline and same on this template, in working both are same, the difference is the only style, you can override the style code using custom.css file.
    To check the style from any other template use firebug or inspect element and copy the style, now check the style classes used on this template using firebug or inspect element and override the code in the custom.css file.
    This way you can apply the custom style.

Regards

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pankaj,

I am not using the blog style on JA Teline I am using the normal website.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you are using special page blank content type menu and using ACM module on JA Teline V, it’s completely different as compared to the Blog layout.
    However, if you know the custom work you can apply the style to the items as I suggested in my first post.

Regards

James Weston Friend

Hi Pankaj,

Is there a video or tutorial that would explain how to do this?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sorry, there is no specific video, but you can take a look here for how to use the inspect element to check the style classes.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum