Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Website is currently in English (UK). I installed several Content Languages Extensions including French, enabled the Language Filter and Language Code Plugins, French Categories, and duplicated Menus and Articles and assigned them the French language. I have made the Home page in French the default for the French language. I have activated the Language Switcher Module, and it is displaying and operating properly, however, there is no content being displayed when selecting the French language.

The "Home" page for the French language mimics the Home page for the English language. All French Articles are Featured and assigned the proper Category.

I need to understand what the issue is so I can repeat this process for a number of additional languages.

pavit Moderator

Hi there

I created a new template Ja Decor-French and set it as default template for French Language and assigned it to the French menu

as you can see now your french layout works fine , just assign now modules to the french menu items

Best regards

dbc011 Friend

Appreciate the response. I got a number of things working after you created French template, however, I assigned several modules (Nos Services, Projets à l’affiche) to the French Home page (Accueil) and they are not showing up. The module "À propos de nous" is showing up on home page, but the title is being displayed outside the module for some reason.

Additionally, when those modules are displayed on their respective pages, the Title at the top of the page reads "SEARCH" instead of the title of the module. The attached image shows Our Services page with "SEARCH" across the top instead of the Category Title of Nos-services.

Appreciate the help.

pavit Moderator

Hi

The home page should use the features layout – Home page French was using the default layout , i changed it now and it is workig fine

Please read carefully template documentation HERE and if you can, install on your localhost a quickstart version, so you can see how the template demo is configured and replicate it on your website.

The attached image shows Our Services page with "SEARCH" across the top instead of the Category Title of Nos-services.

There is no images attached at this topic , anyway modules are also using customized css , so you should be sure that your modules contains the correct module suffix, for suffixes to use, take a look at the documentation.

dbc011 Friend

Pavit,
    The title above À propos de nous did go away with the change you made, but the other modules are not showing up on the French home page.

I do review that documentation and it has helped in the past. However, I cannot find how to fix the "suffix" issue in the documentation. I’ve attached the image file this time. Please see the url – we are on the Nos Services page, however, the header for the page reads SEARCH. It also reads SEARCH for a number of other pages and I don’t know how to fix it.

1. SEARCH_in_Nos_Services_header
    pavit Moderator

Hi

I tried to edit your Home menu item in French menu ( accueil) and i was not able to edit it , that means something wrong it is happening with it , so also assigning modules to it doesn’t works, i can suggest to completely remove the menu and rebuild a new French menu from scratch , that means all links ( assets ) on db were rebuilded.

Regarding the search text it is a ja masshead module and the text search is the common title

just edit it and assign the title to the specific menu item id

1. Screenshot_34
    dbc011 Friend

I was in there working so I think that is why it was locked. Should be good for you to edit now.

I added menu id’s and titles to Masshead. Works properly. Thanks.

pavit Moderator

I’m sorry but i still cannot edit it

Please follow my suggestion , remove it and build again a new menu , remove also association with english menu

dbc011 Friend

I will.
    Am I not supposed to associate it with English Menu? Tutorial I am following instructed me to do so.

dbc011 Friend

And can you see if you can edit the Spanish Menu? I made it the same way I made the French Menu (by copying English one and changing language)

pavit Moderator

I cannot edit any menu item into Spanish menu , so definitively there is some problem on them

Remove them all and start to build new languages menus

dbc011 Friend

French Menu deleted and built from scratch. Plz try to edit.

pavit Moderator

French Menu deleted and built from scratch. Plz try to edit.

Still nothing

I also noted that you are running on an old php version ( 5.3.24 ) since Ja Decor template is compatible with that php version it is recommended to switch at least on a newer php version 5.4 .

dbc011 Friend

I got all menus on all language pages working properly. All articles have been translated.

I still have an issue where the modules on the home pages are not displaying like they did when the template was originally installed. For reference, the "Our Services" on the English home page is displaying properly (see attachment 1). It is displaying incorrectly on other language home pages (see attachment 2 from French home page). And not displaying at all on the Italian home page even though I created a "I nostri servizi" module and assigned it to the ItalianMenu homepage.

1. 1-correct
    2. 2-incorrect_format
    pavit Moderator

Make sure all modules settings are always the same for all modules assigned to the varios languages pages

Take a look at the documentation page HERE for settings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum