Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am testing the latest version of Xenia II (Joomla 1.5.3 & VM 1.1) on a local machine with the Quickstart install.

I am encountering the following problem…

If I set the JA Header to Flash Slideshow it messes up the ‘Add to Cart’ button in IE on any page with the header enabled. It displays OK in Firefox. If I refresh the page sometimes the problem does not appear but most of the time it does.

This only happens if the ‘Flash Slideshow’ option is enabled. If I enable the ‘JavaScript Fade Slideshow’ the cart button displays correct but I seem to have no control over the duration or fade effect of the module regardless of the settings I enter.

Could anyone tell me a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Sherlock Friend

HI scotty !
    Please send url of your website so that I could check the issue.

scotty Friend

Hi Hainn, thank you for responding.

I’ve installed the Quickstart pack at a live location and you can see the problem at http://www.my-test-site.info. Remember the problem is only in Internet Explorer. You may have to refresh the page once or twice for it to occur.

For those that are having problems with the header not appearing in IE with the Flash option enabled here is how I fixed it…

1. In administration goto Extensions>Module Manager
    2. Tick the box for JA Header and click ‘Trash’
    3. Click ‘New’ and select JA Header Module
    4. Enter a name for the module. Enter position as ‘header’ and change image path to templates/ja_xenia_ii/images/header

Clear your temp files in IE and it should work fine now (except if your using VM of course).

bennitos Friend

assuming its test-site.info and not test.site.info.

I refreshed about 25x but it still looks ok here, both in IE7 and FF

scotty Friend

<em>@bennitos 58553 wrote:</em><blockquote>assuming its test-site.info and not test.site.info.

I refreshed about 25x but it still looks ok here, both in IE7 and FF</blockquote>

Hmm that’s odd. I’ve had several people take a look and they’ve all reported a problem when viewed through IE6+7. I’ve also had a friend look with IE64bit who said that the add to cart button text was double until the page loaded but then was fine. He also said that the header would not load at all in IE64bit. 😮

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Sherlock Friend

Hi scotty !
    You can fix it following way :
    Open ja-vm.css file in templatesja_xenia_iicss folder , find following code section at about line 17 :

.addtocart_button_module {
    text-indent: -2000px;
    display: block;
    width: 90px;
    height: 30px;
    background: url(../images/button-addtocart.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    border:0px;
    }

change to :

:

.addtocart_button_module {
    text-indent: -2000px;
    display: block;
    width: 90px;
    height: 30px;
    background: url(../images/button-addtocart.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    border:0px;
    font-size: 0px;
    }

scotty Friend

Thank you Hainn, that has fixed the problem.

Having read some negative posts regarding support since I joined a couple of days ago, it is great to see that my problem has been resolved so fast. Again… thank you!!

If I may point out another bug (but not important to me)… If you look at the screen shot in the first post you will see that the Apple iBook (in the middle) has $2 off – so the $647.77 should be in red text with a strike through.

scotty Friend

OK I have managed to fix this 2nd bug myself…

Go to Admin section and…

1. Go to Extensions>Template Manager>Ja_Xenia_ii
    2. Click ‘Edit HTLM’ button
    3. A little down the page you will see the links to the various CSS files. We need to add one here.
    4. Find this line… <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>templates/system/css/system.css” type=”text/css” />

and immediately under insert on a new line… <link rel=”stylesheet” href=”<?php echo $tmpTools->baseurl(); ?>components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/theme.css
      ” type=”text/css” />

5. Click Save

This will add the “product-Old-Price” class to all pages.

scotty Friend

Hainn unfortunately there were two problems with your solution… Firstly, setting the font size to zero does not get rid of the text entirely. It’s tiny but you can still see it between the d and t. Secondly… it only seems to work on the front page. If you turn on the header on other pages you still see the double full size text.

So I have come up with a different solution. Goto administratorcomponentscom_virtuemartlanguagescommonenglish.php and find the line…

‘PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO’ => ‘Add to Cart’,

and delete the add to cart text to give…

‘PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO’ => ”,

thus removing the text completely!

A big thanks for your help though all the same 🙂

Sherlock Friend

OK, scotty !
    your way is very good ;). i think that there is many body seem this problem , this thread will help they solved it. thanks.

kaj Friend

Hi,

I suddenly realize that I might have described my problem in a slighly confused way in another thread (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/add-to-cart-mod-problem-in-vm-1-1-0-and-j1-5/) as I read Scotty’s thread. I have a problem with J1.5.3, Xenia II 1.2 & VM 1.1 with the “your-cart”module.

Whenever I add a product to the cart then the text “View Cart” and text of the content is duplicated in the module which breaks the layout. This doesn’t occur with ‘quickstart package with vm 1.1.0 beta 3 and j1.5.2’.

I include two pics, 1-cart.jpg when one item is added to the cart and 2-cart.jpg showing when two items are added to the cart.

Any one got an idea how to rectify this?
    Kaj

1. 1-cart
    2. 2-cart
    scotty Friend

Kaj I had that problem too when I upgraded VM to 1.1 stable.

You need to copy your old minicart.tpl.php from the quickstart install and replace the new one in your upgraded VM.

This is the path …/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/minicart.tpl.php

Also, I have come across another problem after upgrading. I used the Manual Install Upgrade but one of the CSS files causes the quantity up and down buttons to not display in IE. In …/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/theme.css you need to add border:1px solid #000; like so…

.quantity_box_button {
    width:14px;
    height:14px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center;
    border:1px solid #000;
    }

You may not see this problem if you did not use the Manual Install zip.

kaj Friend

Scotty!

You were absolutely right – now it works and I can continue the tests!:) Thanks for your knowledgeable reply.
    Kaj

webspan Friend

Guys!
    What about multilanguage sites with xenia II ???

I get to delete the ‘PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO’ => ”, from both the language files im using…
    But now how can I assign a different button on each language????

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  webspan 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum