Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

My news sections is missing. Do I need to do something? I switched to the Ja Teline and I’m missing key features in why I downloaded it. I’m trying to add.

– The Ja News Section
    – Retrieve my news articles before the templete change.
    – locate my subsections (Feeds, links, etc
    add the logijn on the top (black bar) I installed the Mod_ja_login.zip but can’t seem to add it online.
    – Do I have the updated templete with the bugs fixed?
    – Should I upgrade to this templete later, when all the issues have been resolved.
    – I want it exactly like the sample, I can add or remove later, but I want it to start as it’s beening shown as the demo.

Please help. :confused:

Menalto Friend

Can you give us an url? Did you download the ja-news module? Installed and configured it as you should?
    Did you create a new position called ja-news and added the ja-news module in that position?
    Did you create a position called ja-hpanel and added the log in module in that position?

lgbtnation Friend

<em>@Menalto 26627 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you give us an url? Did you download the ja-news module? Installed and configured it as you should?
    Did you create a new position called ja-news and added the ja-news module in that position?
    Did you create a position called ja-hpanel and added the log in module in that position?</blockquote>
    The directions that you gave us, is not valid. Links are broken, have no idea what a ja-hpanel is> because I can’t get access to the file. Can you create a PDF file, so that I can download it and have it on my computer, The HTML page is missing details. I do not see the ja-news. or Ja-tabs. Where are they located. I didn’t want to do the quick install, because I”m just not sure about reinstalling the whole appl. Is there a way to just add the modules> Where are they located>

http://lgbtnation.org is my site, but from what you are saying, I’m missing components.

Menalto Friend

<em>@lgbtnation 26643 wrote:</em><blockquote>The directions that you gave us, is not valid. Links are broken, have no idea what a ja-hpanel is> because I can’t get access to the file. Can you create a PDF file, so that I can download it and have it on my computer, The HTML page is missing details. I do not see the ja-news. or Ja-tabs. Where are they located. I didn’t want to do the quick install, because I”m just not sure about reinstalling the whole appl. Is there a way to just add the modules> Where are they located>

http://lgbtnation.org is my site, but from what you are saying, I’m missing components.</blockquote>

First off, i didnt gave you the directions, im just a moderator here helping people out.
    But read this:

To get the log in module to show at top(as the demo):
    Log into your joomla admin panel, Go to Site>Template Manager>Module Position, there you create a new position called: ja-hpanel, while you are there create this too: ja-news, ja-tab1 and ja-tab2 REMEMBER TO PRESS SAVE.
    Then you go to this link: http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/cat/joomlart_club_templates/ja_teline.html Download the log in module,install it and publish it to ja-hpanel module position.
    For use of the tabs, just publish any module in the ja-tabs position ja-tabs1 is at top and ja-tabs2 is the bottom tabs.
    For the ja-news: http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/cat/joomlart_club_templates/extensions_for_ja_templates.html
    Install it and publish it in the ja-news position,set it to show only on Home.
    Then go to Menu>Main Menu>Home and find this on the right side:
    # Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links

Set them all to 0.
    If you did theese steps here you now should have the log in module in the hidden area, the tabs should be working, and the ja-news should be working.

lgbtnation Friend

Thank you!! I didn’t mean you created the file, just that the one that’s in the download isn’t working correctly! 🙂 Thanks for your help! It’s 2am in Chicago, and I have to go to work soon, I will work on this during lunch! LOL and see how it goes! A,

Menalto Friend

No problems,hope you get it going if not just reply here again

lgbtnation Friend

I added ja-hpanel, ja-news, ja-tab1 and ja-tab2…. now…

“Download the log in module,install it”

Install it where? What menu? Where is the ja-hpanel? Give me the exact drop down menu…

lgbtnation Friend

I”m so lost, I just don’t know what these terms are…I installed the ja_login.zip under modules, that’s all I know how to do… where is the ja-hpanel? If it’s a new menue section where is it located?

lgbtnation Friend

Okay, I think I just got what you meant! Under Module Manager . you change the positons when you click on the Module names!

lgbtnation Friend

I guess it’s not meant for me to have this template…because everything is going wrong. Oh well! Back to my Joolma mag. Thanks, anyway! 🙁

Menalto Friend

Give me admin access and ill set it up for you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum