Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

It would be nice to have a complete revision of documents showing the process of customizing a current template using T3. Most of the documentation is scattered and it can be overwhelming sorting through the versions of t3v1, t3v2 t3 etc as well as the various incarnations of joomla.

Pick one template and go through the steps to customize in some kind of sequence. ie is better to copy the themes, styles or the complete template. or change individual items only as needed. Best practices sort of advice.

I know it’s tough to keep up with the revisions, but clear documentation would reduce some of the issues we come across. Assuming we are working on Joomla 3x and T3 there should be a directory where all this can be accessed. The videos are good but outdated for many customizations. I’d rather not see it if its not relevant, as that just adds to the confusion.

Pick any recent popular template,other than the blank template which has minimal content. At the least separate the various versions of documentation for T3 versions. Archives can be useful and help cut down on the confusion. I think using a JATC template as the basis for customizing would be a huge help for members, and help to show the logic behind the process.

Just a thought….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aardcom 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum