Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have configured a k2 filter and search module for searching a specific extra field group (dinning).

All k2 items assigned to this extra field group belong to a specific root category. Root category has numerous subcategories. For example:

Root Category
    — Subcategory 1 (level 1 subcategory)
    —|— Subcategory 1.1 (level 2 subcategory)
    — |— Subcategory 1.2
    — Subcategory 2
    —|— Subcategory 2.1
    —|— Subcategory 2.2

And so on…

I have also set an extra field e.g. Region with values that correspond 1 to 1 to subcategories of level 2.

I perform a search using k2 filter & search module based on this extra field values (drop down selection) and for 4 (of overall 24) values the result which returns IS NOT correct.

Any ideas on how might be responsible for bad search results?

Where is the query producing the results?

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

Could you provide me your site and screenshot indicate wrong searching ?

It is better if you also provide me admin & ftp account. It help me check your issue faster.

Thanks,

thanili Friend

i have also relevant information (ftp & admin accounts) at Ticket ID: WGC-626-79082. Is it suffice for you or you would like to re-post?

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

>>> I have also set an extra field e.g. Region with values that correspond 1 to 1 to subcategories of level 2.
    An extra field can’t associated with a category. Only an extra field group associated with a category.

>>> I perform a search using k2 filter & search module based on this extra field values (drop down selection)
    >>> and for 4 (of overall 24) values the result which returns IS NOT correct.
    Could you clarify more this issue in your site ?

Thanks,

thanili Friend

OK … i will explain the issue using an example. Let’s say that i have the following category structure (and relevant k2 item population):

Root Category
    — Subcategory 1
    —|— Subcategory 1.1 (9 items)
    — |— Subcategory 1.2 (8 items)
    — |— Subcategory 1.3 (5 items)
    — Subcategory 2
    —|— Subcategory 2.1 (3 items)
    —|— Subcategory 2.2 (6 items)

which all of them have assigned the extra field group “beach” …

In order to check whether “k2 filter and search module” is working as it should be i have built a TEST extra field (in extra field group “beach”)) named “region” of type drop down with values (Subcategory 1.1, Subcategory 1.2, Subcategory 1.3, Subcategory 2.1, Subcategory 2.2).

For each k2 item in each 2nd level category (Subcategory X.Y) i have choosed in this field the corresponding values.

To be more clear items belonging:

Subcategory 1.1 have extra field region=”Subcategory 1.1″
    Subcategory 1.2 have extra field region=”Subcategory 1.2″
    Subcategory 1.3 have extra field region=”Subcategory 1.3″
    Subcategory 1.4 have extra field region=”Subcategory 1.4″
    … and so on …

So i can check directly whether searches performed by K2 filter and search module, return correct results.

Let’s say for categories Subcategory 1.1, Subcategory 1.3, Subcategory 2.1 module works fine ( i am performing a search on extra field “region” with selected values Subcategory 1.1, Subcategory 1.3, Subcategory 2.1 consequently))

BUT

When i try to perform a search with region=”Subcategory 1.2″ OR region=”Subcategory 2.2″

results are not only items from subcategories 1.2 or 2.2 ONLY but more items are coming with extra field values other than “Subcategory 1.2, Subcategory 3.2” …

It is clear that searching on extra field values DO NOT ALWAYS works! For certain extra field values search results are WRONG….

Hope i was clear enough!

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

Do you have demo site ? I tried to test as you description however the result that searching with region=”Subcategory 1.2″ OR region=”Subcategory 2.2″ is correct.

Thanks,

thanili Friend

Yes my demo is here:

http://www.destinationcrete.gr/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&Itemid=401&lang=en

if you try to search (only one condition as screenshot) for several regions (this is the extra field of drop down selection type) you will see that for the first four options there is problem:

Χανιά, Χανιά -> Chania M + Chania C (PROBLEM)
    Αποκώρονας, Χανιά -> Apokoronas M (PROBLEM)
    Πλατανιάς, Χανιά -> Platanias M (PROBLEM)
    Κάντανος-Σέλινο, Χανιά -> Kantanos Selinos M (PROBLEM)
    Κίσσαμος, Χανιά -> Kisamos M
    Σφακιά, Χανιά -> Sfakia M
    Γαύδος, Χανιά -> Gaydos M
    Ρέθυμνο, Ρέθυμνο -> Rethino C + Rethimno M
    Μυλοπόταμος, Ρέθυμνο -> Mylopotamos M
    Αμάρι, Ρέθυμνο -> Amari M
    Α. Βασίλειος, Ρέθυμνο -> A. Vasileios M
    Ανώγεια, Ρέθυμνο -> Anogeia M
    Ηράκλειο, Ηράκλειο -> Irakleio C + Irakleio M
    Μαλεβίζι, Ηράκλειο -> Malevizi M
    Αρχάνες, Ηράκλειο -> Archanes M
    Φαιστός, Ηράκλειο -> Faistos M
    Γόρτυνα, Ηράκλειο -> Gortyna M
    Χερσόνησος, Ηράκλειο -> Chersonisos M
    Μίνωα Πεδιάδας, Ηράκλειο -> Minoa M
    Βιάννος, Ηράκλειο -> Viannos M
    Μιράμπελο, Λασίθι -> Mirampelo M
    Οροπέδιο Λασιθίου, Λασίθι–> Lasithi Oropedio M
    Σητεία, Λασίθι -> Siteia M
    Ιεράπετρα, Λασίθι -> Ierapetra M

you can check the results. On the right hand i have put the categories in which search result items should belong. Make some test and you will see for yourself.

For the first four options search results are messed up, since items from other categories (with other than selected value on extra field “Regions”) are been populated!

1. screen1
    chavan Friend

Hi thanili

I saw your issue however I can’t access ftp to find out this issue. Could you update the ftp account in Ticket ID: WGC-626-79082 ?

Thanks,

thanili Friend

But i can not access ticket “WGC-626-79082”

I try to login (Support Center: http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?) using my email account without success.

Could you please give me your email in order to sent the info you have request?

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

You could pm me through inbox system in this forum.

Thanks,

thanili Friend

have you received my details?

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

I am testing your issue. I will message to you when I find the solution out.

Thanks,

chavan Friend

Hi thanili

I change configuration in the jak2 filter plugins and it seems to work with your issue. Could you check it again ?

However, this is a bug, the parameters in modules must be settings similar in jak2 filter plugins.

I hope it helps!
    Thanks,

thanili Friend

Hello Do Ha,

yeap it is working again for both modules (beaches + dinning) …

So i guess i can have multiple modules for searching in different categories/extra field groups AS LONG AS i have enabled in plugin searhing for all the extra fields belonging to all extra field groups i want to search.

It is overlapping but at least it works!

thanks again…

thanili Friend

Hello Do Ha,

yeap it is working again for both modules (beaches + dinning) …

So i guess i can have multiple modules for searching in different categories/extra field groups AS LONG AS i have enabled in plugin searhing for all the extra fields belonging to all extra field groups i want to search.

It is overlapping but at least it works!

thanks again…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thanili 11 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum