Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I just want to know exactly what responsive means? The reason I am asking this is because I really like the idea of responsive websites. It solves a number of problems and I believe responsive websites will become more common.

I have noticed that when viewing many parts of JA WALL the template is responsive. Not, however, when editing forms. For instance, the frontend editing of K2 is not responsive. Also, the user profile form is not responsive.

So I would like to know if Joomlart will make at least these two forms responsive to make JA WALL completely responsive.

Rene

pavit Moderator

Hi renejdm

<blockquote>What does responsive mean? </blockquote>

I believe that you already know that k2 component is not developed by Joomlart and for this reason is not possible to put hands on 3rd party components, Joomlart gives support through this forum on issues and malfunctions on Ja templates in which is included K2 and this is more than responsive ( let me pass the word in this case ) , also provide styles for K2, the software is external to the component core files but not more than this . All that you can see in the ja wall template is responsive. user profile page included . again all produced and distributed by joomlart through this template is 100% responsive.

After this clarification i hope that you agree with me – or not ?

Regards

renejdm Friend

Hi pavit,

You said that the user profile is responsive. I have attached some images showing that they are not!

Sincerely,

Rene

1. not-quite-responsive-01
    2. not-quite-responsive-02
    3. not-quite-responsive-03
    4. not-quite-responsive-04
    5. not-quite-responsive-05
    Phill Moderator

Sadly, not all elements can be made responsive. For instance the TinyMCE editor (comes from a third party and included in Joomla/K2). What would be needed for that would be to have a custom editor specifically for the iPhone/Android devices. That really is something very hard to achieve and would take a huge amount of development.

However, I personally cannot see many people wanting to do too much editing of that type on an iPhone and even less so on an Android phone. The forms look very good on 7″+ devices.

In fact, the editing of forms would probably need a app developed (something JA do not do). I cannot see any of the default Joomla ediitors really working in on a screen that small. It wasn’t something that J would have thought of when they built the system.

In my mind the Wall template is a fantasic innovation. There will always be minor drawbacks on small screen devices but there are so many positive points about the way JA Wall handles these that the positives outweigh the negatives by a county mile.

Hung Dinh Friend

@phill luckhurst is a great example of responsive JA support Hero! He can give solutions to any question of any level, hard or easy. This is a hard one 🙂
    @renejdm Rene, responsive web design does not mean that everything must be 100% responsive. Many elements of your website can be “adaptively responsive” or “progressively responsive”. If you try to be 100% responsive but making some functions unusable to your users, you are doing it wrong.

I found a good read: http://www.lullabot.com/articles/responsive-adaptive-web-design

renejdm Friend

Hi,

Thanks Phill and Hung for your response:)

There are only two forms that I am concerned about: the K2 user profile edit form and the K2 submit/edit item form.

I guess that I will have to find a solution for these forms. If I do I will post back here.

Now my main concern is the lack of scroll-bars for print preview and K2 submit/ edit item form. Without the scroll-bars, editing of K2 items for JA Wall can only be done through the back end. At the very least I hope that this problem will be fixed.

Rene

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  renejdm 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum