Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

As an experienced person of SEO I want to share here some facts which should be avoided by us.I hope that these will help some of the newcomers a lot..
    Choosing a title that has no relation to the content on the page
    Using extremely lengthy titles that are unhelpful to users
    Using a single title tag across all of your site’s pages or a large group of pages
    Stuffing unneeded keywords in your title tags
    Failing to optimize image markup
    Writing description meta tag that has no relation to the content on the page
    Multiple domains
    Multiple identical sites
    Cross Linking
    Lack of keywords in the content
    Failing to indicate the content hierarchy using header elements
    cloacking
    Not using accurate image descriptions
    Using the same keyword more than twice in a Title tag
    High keyword densities
    Not Using The Keywords In Your Title & Permalinks

amilya Friend

Get on the wrong side of Uncle G, you’ll trigger all sort of filters that will promise your site to disappear into oblivion

tablet1 Friend

Wondering what was meant by “cross linking” – I infer that to be “internal linking” (linking from one of the pages on your own site to another page on your own site). I believe this is acceptable, and even helpful if done in moderation. Is that what you were referring to?

Scott

livboeree Friend

Cross linking I believe here means that you have multiple sites and you link from one to the other; this is somehow an artificial way to create back links, and Google may consider that to be an attempt at manipulating the algorithm. Internal (cross) linking on the other hand is a very good thing.

dtaylor3985 Friend

The Google Algorithm is very hard to understand. Some of the stuff you are talking about has to do with onpage website content. Is there anything off page you can do be “good” in Google’s eyes?

eldo Friend

the algorithm is always changing… all we need is just to make experiments.

sunrise Friend

Here are a couple links and I would think they know what they are talking about. I used the words:

“how to choose keywords” and these cam at the top of the list in google.
    http://www.riches.com.au/choosing-keywords.htm
    http://www.roi-seo.com/seo-choose-keywords.html
    http://www.howtochoosekeywords.com/

They all have very good and interesting views on the topic.

Good luck choosing the right words.

kimonos Friend

Hello Harvard,

This link seems not working…

<em>@sunrise 181272 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    http://www.howtochoosekeywords.com/</blockquote>

You can see a cache from Google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o31q1mVeXOMJ:www.howtochoosekeywords.com/+%22how+to+choose+keywords%22&cd=4&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr

You can try Keyword Research & Suggestion Tools from SEO BOOK:

http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/

rightrayon Friend

I like what you post about seo. I have been searching for latest techniques and strategies also in Seo. I guess this is a big help.
    Thank you so much for the ideas.

bluedot Friend

We changed domains from findbluefindvalue dot com to thebluedot.net and have linked our new site from the old domain. For whatever reason the old domain – which was replaced well over a year ago – is still showing up higher in search results than our new domain name thebluedot dot net?

We are now attempting to switch everything over on our new pages to a joomla template. Our store however is on a subdomain which makes SEO a bit tricky. For the rest of the site (non-store) portion however I would like to convert everything over to a joomla template.

I currently am using Dreamweaver for the design aspects of the site, but I feel as though there is so much more we can do to make everything more SEO friendly.

Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

———————————-
    The Blue Dot will pay top dollar for your used cell phones.

eship Friend

<em>@renzel32 174831 wrote:</em><blockquote>As an experienced person of SEO I want to share here some facts which should be avoided by us.I hope that these will help some of the newcomers a lot..
    Using a single title tag across all of your site’s pages or a large group of pages
    Multiple domains
    Multiple identical sites
    Cross Linking
    cloacking
    High keyword densities
    Not Using The Keywords In Your Title & Permalinks</blockquote>

Can you tell me more about cloacking is it?
    I have heard a lot but do not understand about it?

taniasharma Friend

SEO is a complete game of keywords and if you choose wrong keywords then your all work is waste. So you will choose any good keyword tool and use it for target the right keywords. I use Google adwords Keyword tool for select the keywords for my website. After choose right keywords follow all search engines rules and websites rules where you post your links. Try to avoid Black Hat techniques like Spamming, Cloaking and Keyword stuffing because no any search engine allow it and if your website will caught to use it. your website may be ban or penalize.

yellowrain87 Friend

Black hat SEO is bad in long term but we can’t deny that it’s still very popular. In my place, there are some forums that are just dedicated to discussions about black hat techniques.

thedigger Friend

Cross links means here – Websites hosted on the same IP linked with each other. Also few more points should be in the mind of seo’s :

— Webpages should be light, donot use heavy images, unnecessary comments in the pages. Use CSS and optimized images to reduce page size.
    — Hosting plan is also very important. Choose best hosting company to host your website.
    — Register your website in google webmaster. This is give you useful information about your website including keywords, sitemap submission 404 not found page information. Immediately take action on 404 not found pages.
    — Donot use or avoid duplicate content from your website. After the updation of Google Panda, duplicate content will harm your website.

boolamichael Friend

<em>@renzel32 174831 wrote:</em><blockquote>As an experienced person of SEO I want to share here some facts which should be avoided by us.I hope that these will help some of the newcomers a lot..
    Multiple domains
    Multiple identical sites
    Cross Linking
    cloacking
    High keyword densities
    Not Using The Keywords In Your Title & Permalinks</blockquote>

Hi man. Thanks for the list. No matter whether this is exactly true or not. i appreciate that you take your time to make and share this list.
    Btw, I still don’t get the meaning of “cloaking”. I used to hear that a lot but still I dont understand that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  mcaullumaaster22mar 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum