Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello!

I have a pretty general question about Joomla I was hoping to find some simple answer about. As I understand, when you want a module to appear on an article, you need to select that article out of a menu that exists on the page. The issue that I’ve discovered is that, if you navigate to that article via a link, i.e. you do not use a menu item to navigate to that article, the modules do not appear.

Example:

I have an article named “Products,” and in my MainMenu on my site I have a menu item that is an article layout. If I want my video player module, “Video” to appear on Products, in the module manager I click on Video, and under “Menu Selection,” under the Main Menu section, I choose Products. Now, when in my site, if I click on the “Products” link, the video player appears fine, but if I build a custom link myself in the content of another page, i.e. an <a href>, directly to Products, it goes to Products but does not include Video.

I hope that this is a clear question. This is a little bit frustrating, simply because I’ve been building some navigational pieces this way. Has anyone else run into this issue, developed a workaround, or know where one is available?

Thank you very much for your time!

prakash Friend

hi there are a couple of ways you could do that. one would be to embed that module within the article itself so irrespective of the menu…the item would be visible when someone views the article
    another way is to check if you are using the actual menu link.

if possible do send a live link as that helps troubleshoot the problem faster…

goelzjs Friend

I am not using any actual menu links. From within one page, I have an <a href> tag, with the url pointing to “index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76” this being so we can navigate within the site from other pages without using any menus.

The issue there is that now since I’m not using any menu items, it is not putting the module in there.

Could you maybe explain a little more about how you would embed a module?

prakash Friend

modules can be embeeded in any article…

when u add a module from module manager… you have a position under the module …position

in position you can write anything you want… say we name it custommodposition

now in article where you want to call the module simply write this

{loadposition custommodposition}

this will show the module in the article

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prakash 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum