Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I want Content-Mass-Top module to display a couple of my modules in side-by-side layout. So I duplicated the default layout and modified the new layout file to include to positions as follows:

<block name=”content-mass-top”>content-mass-top1,content-mass-top2 </block>

Placing the modules to positions content-mass-top1 and content-mass-top2 did not show my modules side by side.

So I decided to create a new block named: twocolumn and changed the above text to:

<block name=”content-mass-top” type=”twocolumn” >content-mass-top1,content-mass-top2 </block>

Then I added a twocolumn.php under the blocks folder of my template with the following content:

<blockquote>// No direct access
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;
    ?>
    <div class=”twocolumn clearfix”>
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘content-mass-top1’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-content-mass-top1″>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”content-mass-top1″ />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->countModules(‘content-mass-top2’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-content-mass-top2″>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”content-mass-top2″ />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    </blockquote>

After adding some CSS, now my modules show as desired. But there is one problem:

The module titles are not shown.

Where do I need to make change to ensure the module titles are displayed.

I have an ugly work around for this issue. In my work around I hardcode the module titles inside the new twocolumn block.

Please help.

khoand Friend

You try to replace your code

<block name="content-mass-top" type="twocolumn" >content-mass-top1,content-mass-top2 </block>
    with

<block name="content-mass-top" type="spotlight" style="xhtml">content-mass-top1,content-mass-top2 </block>

cifar24 Friend

That works. I just have to do some minor CSS changes to make it look like how I want. Thanks Khoand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cifar24 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum