Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Would it be hard to have the possibility to modify the displayed name of the category.
    I’m reusing categories depending on what menu selection has been made.
    ex in the Home view im showing (Site works for a scouting group)

Info with Group1, Group2, Group3, Group3
    Program with Group1, Group2, Group3, Group3
    Contacts with Group1, Group2, Group3, Group3

Then in a Separate menu you can select

Group1 with Info, Program, Contacts
    ….

Now in the seconds display all my groups have the same name, begin Group1, as they where subcategories of Info, Program & Contacts.

For this display i would like to overrule ths categoryname in the display field.

I thought using the sames system as the colos, ex ID13:red:DisplayName for category:

Can this be added to the code and would you gave me a hint where to do so ?

TomC Moderator

If I am understanding this correctly, you are asking if you can use the SAME categories within different parent menu groups – but with modified names for the different menu groups – correct?

What if you were to simply duplicate each category item that you want under the respective groups, and then modify the name of the duplicated category(s) as you wish – along with the appropriate group association, of course.

make sense? …. or am I totally off base for what you are talking about?

hleboeuf Friend

I’ll explain a bit more in detail with concrete names. (We are a scouting group, aspi, jjun, junior, seniors are age categories)

This is the structure of a Article-Categories

Info
    Aspi
    JJun
    Junior
    Senior
    Latest Changes
    Aspi
    JJun
    Junior
    Senior
    Leaders
    Aspi
    JJun
    Junior
    Senior
    Upcoming Events
    Aspi
    JJun
    Junior
    Senior
    Help Wanted
    Aspi
    JJun
    Junior
    Senior

On the Home page i’m showing Info/Latest Cganges/Leaders/Upcoming Events/Help Wanted with the subcategories.
    So site-visitors (parents/kis) can choose what cetegories on what age-groups they want to see.

On the main-menu we are also havign a link to each age-group.
    On that Per-Group view i’m showing the subgroups for that age-group under each Category.

As example for Jjun i would have selected, the xxxx line are showing what group sare selected in the NewsPro module

Info
    JJun xxxxxxxxxxxxx(13)
    Latest Changes
    JJun xxxxxxxxxxxxx(19)
    Leaders
    JJun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Upcoming Events
    JJun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Help Wanted
    JJun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But in this case all blocks are having the same name, all JJun, in this NewPro module i would like to be able to replace the blockheader with some text, just like the color example would be
    13:red:Info
    19:green:Latest Changes

Where 13 and 19 are the ID’s in the above groups …

Hope this makes it a bit more clear.

hleboeuf Friend

TomC, or any other developper ????

Stork11 Friend

Hello hleboeuf,

Your request is customization request. And I am sorry to inform that our technical support services are dedicated for bug fixing, products maintenance or general advice on how to use the products only. All custom works that requires to extend products’ core features as shown on our demo site are not subject to support coverage and should be handled by clients.

Thus, I am sorry that we could not handle your customization request as it would delay the time for supporting other clients and developing new products for monthly release commitment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.

hleboeuf Friend

Sorry

Have been out for a few weeks, hospital.

I did not request to change this for me, just giving me a hint where i could start to look to modify it myself would already bene great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hleboeuf 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum