Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author

My first PC was 20GB HD, 64MB RAM and was twice as big and twice as expensive as my current one!

SP Media Friend

My first PC had a 110mb drive, 256kb of RAM and a 2mb graphics matrox card. That set me back £2,500.

bennitos Friend

My first one had no hdd at all, 5,25″ boot floppy’s and less than 1mb ram 🙂

Think if i count up i have around 7TB at home at the moment, storage is very cheap these days and now with the first 2 and 2.5TB hard disk’s comming up i like it! 🙂

bennitos Friend

<em>@spmedia 140477 wrote:</em><blockquote>My first PC had a 110mb drive, 256kb of RAM and a 2mb graphics matrox card. That set me back £2,500.</blockquote>

I have one of the early laptops here at home a 286’er thing weights a ton and is huge comes in a suitcase costed around 12.000 back then lol. I like collecting the oldies 🙂

beastmode54 JA JobBoard

Ihave both Mac and a PC..My wife mainly used the Mac(shes a bit more artsy than me) I love the mac for entertainment purposes, but when it comes to work I work only on a PC. But i did install VM fusion ware, so I have windowsXP on there also. This allows me to have both mac and windows open at the same time. I can also drag files back an forth between the 2.

sunrise Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 138100 wrote:</em><blockquote>This age old question really comes down to personal tastes and preferences, really.

MACs are definitely beautiful machines, no doubt about it.
    Personally, though – for the sheer expansion and compatibility range – I choose to work within the PC format.</blockquote>

Sometimes I think it is not only the personal taste, but price as well.

sunrise Friend

I’d like to know if there are any people here who use Ubuntu. I tried it and really liked it. I had a hard time getting to check the local main on the network and ended up not using it, but it is quite good, easy to set up and there is a lot of software for it as well. And it is cheep.:D any comments?

nefar Friend

<em>@bennitos 140479 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have one of the early laptops here at home a 286’er thing weights a ton and is huge comes in a suitcase costed around 12.000 back then lol. I like collecting the oldies :)</blockquote>

I just threw one of those in the trash a few weeks ago along with some old 286 & 386 boards.

nefar Friend

<em>@sunrise 140521 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like to know if there are any people here who use Ubuntu. I tried it and really liked it. I had a hard time getting to check the local main on the network and ended up not using it, but it is quite good, easy to set up and there is a lot of software for it as well. And it is cheep.:D any comments?</blockquote>

I was thinking about throwing it on one of my old 2.4 machines but have not got around to it yet. I’ve had a few friends of mine try it out and they are pretty happy with it.

ivysmith Friend

The unending comparison between Mac and PC…:)
    I have a PC, and it works just fine…but I’d also like to have a Mac for a change…:)

bennitos Friend

<em>@sunrise 140521 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like to know if there are any people here who use Ubuntu. I tried it and really liked it. I had a hard time getting to check the local main on the network and ended up not using it, but it is quite good, easy to set up and there is a lot of software for it as well. And it is cheep.:D any comments?</blockquote>

Yeah i have used/tried it, its one of the most user friendly distro’s around also quite complete for the end user.

bennitos Friend

<em>@ivysmith 140631 wrote:</em><blockquote>The unending comparison between Mac and PC…:)
    I have a PC, and it works just fine…but I’d also like to have a Mac for a change…:)</blockquote>

Another spamming user spotted!, user reported to staff and awaits most likely a banning.

hanifahmed Friend

<em>@bennitos 140666 wrote:</em><blockquote>Another spamming user spotted!, user reported to staff and awaits most likely a banning.</blockquote>
    Hehe, already beat you to it 😉

wiery Friend

Seems like a lot of people are windows users. You usually don’t see that in a design based community. I thought it would have been the other way around.
    I do like both for different reasons.
    I guess it’s like saying, what’s better dark chocolate or milk chocolate….

they are both good!

Mel Ahlborn Friend

<em>@jsliao 138713 wrote:</em><blockquote>i believe if you throw a mac and a windows pc to a computer idiot, he will find the mac easier to use. </blockquote>

yes!

I am a mac because I am an artist. When I add pc’s to my business network, I cannot believe how awkward they can be.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

This topic contains 83 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum