Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author

I know this is an age old debate but I thought it might be fun to see who prefers what. 🙂

prakash Friend

though my view would be a bit biased…as have always preferred PC over Mac mainly because of the compatibility and easy availability of parts from multiple vendors incase something goes wrong… do not know how easy is part availability for MAC and compatibility with many softwares…

wiery Friend

I agree, that is why I mostly use a pc. I just bought a mac mini recently though and love it too.

nefar Friend

These days the only real difference between a mac and a PC is the operating system and of course Macs insane markup. You’re paying for it’s “pretty” packaging and commercials. OS X is fast and more “user friendly” no doubt about it. I am by no means a fan of windows. However, I build my own systems and could build multiple very good machines for the price of a single Mac. I also have the choice of not using windows as well depending on what I’m using the machine for so I’ll stick to building my “PC’s” 😉

jay973 Friend

Up until earlier this year I’d have voted for PC, but now I’m on a Mac I’ll never go back. They are just so easy to use and not forgetting……..gorgeous:D!

wiery Friend

<em>@jay973 138072 wrote:</em><blockquote>They are just so easy to use and not forgetting……..gorgeous:D!</blockquote>

I completely agree… Apple makes beautiful things.

TomC Moderator

This age old question really comes down to personal tastes and preferences, really.

MACs are definitely beautiful machines, no doubt about it.
    Personally, though – for the sheer expansion and compatibility range – I choose to work within the PC format.

anisjolly Friend

i’ve got both – pc for all my windows and joomla stuff and my mac for my iphone development – not forgetting artwork

😀

francesns008a Friend

I have been using PC(windows) for quite long and although I’ve heard lots of good stuff about MAC, I just can’t switch to MAC. Im just so used to windows and can’t be bothered to learn something new again.

Jenn
    fast slimLow Carb Low Fat Diet

jsliao Friend

i believe if you throw a mac and a windows pc to a computer idiot, he will find the mac easier to use.

however, given the wide user base of windows, it is still the ‘better’ OS for me mainly due to the fact that there is simply much more software available to use on windows.

i was able to get my pc to dual boot windows xp and mac but after the novelty of mac wore off, i found myself booting back into windows everytime

ajparker Friend

PC != Windows

PC’s are not just limited to Windows based machines – how about Linux – you have the benefit of the PC hardware platform and it’s interchangeable hardware – plus you escape the problems of WIndows ?

I’d vote for PC-Linux if it were a choice.

SP Media Friend

There’s no difference between a “Mac” or “PC”. Windows, Linux, OSX run both hardware setups.

toddman Friend

I use both + Linux, all 3 have there strengths & weakness!

hanifahmed Friend

I run a kitted out Windows XP machine and from here I choose to emulate other OS such as Macs, Linux and even Vista/Window 7 RC1 etc.

If I need to use a certain OS for something e.g. Apple Final Cut Pro or something that another OS is preffered to be used in, then I first emulate and see if I can run it off of there, if not, then I dual-boot it on my hard drive. I have a 1TB (yes, tera-byte) hard drive and a 500GB Desktop Drive, so Im not running out of space anytime soon!

nefar Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 140438 wrote:</em><blockquote>I run a kitted out Windows XP machine and from here I choose to emulate other OS such as Macs, Linux and even Vista/Window 7 RC1 etc.

If I need to use a certain OS for something e.g. Apple Final Cut Pro or something that another OS is preffered to be used in, then I first emulate and see if I can run it off of there, if not, then I dual-boot it on my hard drive. I have a 1TB (yes, tera-byte) hard drive and a 500GB Desktop Drive, so Im not running out of space anytime soon!</blockquote>

I still remember the days of — You have a 10 MB hard drive!! Wow that’s huge! Would only cost you 5x the amount of todays TB hd’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)

This topic contains 83 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum