Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have always been fascinated by the creativity of the JA Team.

Hence my three questions:

1. How do you get inspired… or where does your inspiration come from in relation to new templates? Each new template has some new stuff that makes it unique. And every time, I keep thinking (wrongly) the next template will not be better than the already released ones.
    2. How do you come up with such short and nice template names? Do you have a bank of names where each month you draw one out? If so, how did you get this bank filled with these names?
    3. Finally, the logos of your templates. With over 100 templates, each one comes with its look. This unicity makes JA, to my eyes, the best out there.

I am puzzled by all this. In this rapidly changing environment, the ideas just keep on coming and coming and coming.

Keep it up!

TomC Moderator

What’s up with items 4 thru 10 ?? :confused:

iguinee Friend

<em>@TomC 315036 wrote:</em><blockquote>What’s up with items 4 thru 10 ?? :confused:</blockquote>

maybe a bug.

iguinee Friend

All in order now.

Anonymous Moderator

it works now iguinee? Any problem? 😎

iguinee Friend

All fine.

Now I would love to see some responses to the 4 questions.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@iguinee 315239 wrote:</em><blockquote>All fine.

Now I would love to see some responses to the 4 questions.</blockquote>

Which 4 questions, mate?

These are only three:

<em>@iguinee 315028 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have always been fascinated by the creativity of the JA Team.

Hence my three questions:

1. How do you get inspired… or where does your inspiration come from in relation to new templates? Each new template has some new stuff that makes it unique. And every time, I keep thinking (wrongly) the next template will not be better than the already released ones.
    2. How do you come up with such short and nice template names? Do you have a bank of names where each month you draw one out? If so, how did you get this bank filled with these names?
    3. Finally, the logos of your templates. With over 100 templates, each one comes with its look. This unicity makes JA, to my eyes, the best out there.

I am puzzled by all this. In this rapidly changing environment, the ideas just keep on coming and coming and coming.

Keep it up!</blockquote>

iguinee Friend

You are right JA Developer. We have three questions here.

Thanks for your input!

jobnomade Friend

Let me try to answer your questions.

1. Inspiration:
    This is hard to explain. You need to be a designer to understand that. Inspiration comes from different sources. You see a lot you read a lot you have a sense of what could be done better you need to be open minded and you need to go with the mainstream but also have your unique touch (meaning courage to try something different). Mix all of it together and there you go with a new template idea 😀

2. Template names
    Mmmmhh…. not sure if we should share this secret here. But I ask you a question instead of answering your question. What do you think would the output of 50 brains would be when each at least give 1 idea for a series of template names?

3. Logos
    This is a secret toolbox of our design team. Just let them do 😉 Might not be satisfying answer but this is the output of our team. We are also surprised how the always come up with new ideas.

And sometimes just grab a (or more) glass of wine and beer and the ideas comes 😀

Cheers!

TomC Moderator

It seems to me that inspiration is an entirely subjective issue . . . we all derive inspiration from different sources and elements – some which may seem strange or unconventional to others, but make complete sense to the individual.

I will say that some inspiration for JATC Template development has come from suggestions posted (and explained) from people within our [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/forum/request-and-wishlist/CASE ON POINT:
    It was through JA Community suggestions/requests that JA Methys saw the light of day
    – as it was originally released as a JDTC (Drupal only) template.

😎

iguinee Friend

Many thanks guys. It is always good to have an insight (as little or as much as possible) into such a successful company. Of course some inside “secrets” cannot be divulged publicly – competition is fierce – but it will constructive to have “Joomlart Open Doors” from time 2 time, where non strategic info can be made member knwoledge.

Thanks again and keep up the hard work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  iguinee 11 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum