Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ja Wall should have a position at the top, for mod_notify of Jomsocial
    Many people will want to install Jomsocial and will stay with a problem

Thanks

1. Capturar
    vineyardseashell Friend

Hi Pedrox,

That is a nice idea. Let’s hope they can incorporate it.

Vineyardseashell

HeR0 Friend

Hi Guys
    JA WALL does not have position top but you can see all position of this template via index.php/k2/k2-blog-style?tp=1 link. I think that you can set mod_notify at “search” or “mainnav” position as related.

Regards

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

For now, there is no plan to support JomSocial or any other extension other than k2 for JA Wall officially. It shall work as any other extension. The priority is to get the stable code first so that we would not be changing any HTML markup after that, this would make it easier for other developers to develop themes for JA Wall.

k2 has been the stable of all irrespective of its version releases, thats the reason we support k2 in all the templates. Every JomSocial update has broken our templates supporting JomSocial, so we would prefer not to suppot JomSocial at this moment.. let them get a stable version in which they stop changing the HTML markup and classes.

Arvind

pedrox Friend

While not supporting Jomsocial, could have included more positions at the top. Unfortunately, always something missing …

The extra menu of the site JoomlArt is perfect …

Thanks

1. Capturar
    vineyardseashell Friend

drarvindc:

I hear you on JomSocial; after all their releases, they still don’t have it right and I often wonder if they ever will.

But with that said, it is still a fabulous idea to have notifications next to the top menu.

Vineyardseashell

pedrox Friend

The menu (extra) from JoomlArt (on top of the site) would be perfect in JaWall

1. Capturar
    Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@pedrox 318619 wrote:</em><blockquote>The menu (extra) from JoomlArt (on top of the site) would be perfect in JaWall

</blockquote>

This is a customization job. You can do some HTML override of mod_notify template.

However, it is not supported in the core release of JA Wall.

pedrox Friend

Does anyone here have that kind of html code? I do not know anything about html …

Thanks

tfosnom Friend

It’s JA’s own JA Toolbar I believe, that was never officially released as its hosted on a “cloud” type server and too hard to emulate as an extension which it was slated for , though I did buy a plugin version that only runs under J1.5 the dev of that one no longer sells it or offers support. however look at any toolbar like wibya, JugnooMe etc for ideas. there are several sample code effort to build upon if you search for html toolbars or social toolbars from memory
    Blessings Shannon

Paul Massell Friend

I have not yet tried the “My Menu” version on J!2.5 but I purchased/setup the “Bottom Bar” last year which was rewritten to include top bar functionality. Since I have not yet used it, I cannot recommend but it may be worth a look for you and I do plan to check it out again in the near future:

http://www.jcreatorpl.us/products/view/2/3

If you or anyone does try it out, I’d be interested in feedback particularly on cross browser / mobile functionality – i.e. that it is working well or not.

<em>@tfosnom 318701 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s JA’s own JA Toolbar I believe, that was never officially released as its hosted on a “cloud” type server and too hard to emulate as an extension which it was slated for , though I did buy a plugin version that only runs under J1.5 the dev of that one no longer sells it or offers support. however look at any toolbar like wibya, JugnooMe etc for ideas. there are several sample code effort to build upon if you search for html toolbars or social toolbars from memory
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

tfosnom Friend

<em>@xenocast 318776 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have not yet tried the “My Menu” version on J!2.5 but I purchased/setup the “Bottom Bar” last year which was rewritten to include top bar functionality. Since I have not yet used it, I cannot recommend but it may be worth a look for you and I do plan to check it out again in the near future:

http://www.jcreatorpl.us/products/view/2/3

If you or anyone does try it out, I’d be interested in feedback particularly on cross browser / mobile functionality – i.e. that it is working well or not.</blockquote>
    Following your link I purchased the My Menu and have it working locally with JA Lens as a bottom Menu ( Main Menu Clone) without conflict 🙂 I will add social buttons and a module in further testing tomorrow

Cheers Shannon

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum