Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I was new to joomla when I purchased Ja Methys, I had searched for countless hours for a magazine template to convert my static site to. The learning curve for joomla was about 6 months and I had almost given up on Ja Methys and went back to my old site with the cumbersome updating system. I am so glad I didn’t. I have been able to make Ja Methys exactly what I wanted it to be. I am still learning but I am figuring out was to accomplish what I want my online magazine to not only look like but also function as. Take a look at what I have done with Ja Methys and give me some feed back, also I have added other plugins and modules, if I can help you in anyway please feel free to ask. I thank you for your future comments! I love Ja Methys!

http://www.mrlatinomagazine.com

Anonymous Moderator

Nice work there mate! Keep up the great work :D!

marshmallow Friend

<em>@peteq3 312633 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was new to joomla when I purchased Ja Methys, I had searched for countless hours for a magazine template to convert my static site to. The learning curve for joomla was about 6 months and I had almost given up on Ja Methys and went back to my old site with the cumbersome updating system. I am so glad I didn’t. I have been able to make Ja Methys exactly what I wanted it to be. I am still learning but I am figuring best handheld vacuum out was to accomplish what I want my online magazine to not only look like but also function as. Take a look at what I have done with Ja Methys and give me some feed back, also I have added other plugins and modules, if I can help you in anyway please feel free to ask. I thank you for your future comments! I love Ja Methys!

http://www.mrlatinomagazine.com</blockquote>

Good job! I’m still learning Joomla as well, taking quite a bit of time 🙁

If you don’t mind me asking, what other plugins and modules did you add?

kuerten Friend

Nice work. I like the location on where you placed the social buttons.

The background color is close to perfect too.

vickie123 Friend

Nice work done, I liked it a lot.

TomC Moderator

GREAT JOB !!! – Especially with the opening splash/landing page … VERY nice touch.

As a bit of constructive criticism . . . .
    For myself (personally), I’m not certain I am crazy about the main navigation being at the tip top of the site – as opposed to just below the main top banner image and the middle (currently “Dos Armadillos”) banner image. For me, the “white bar” aspect of the main nav detracts my eye from the VERY COOL feel of your site logo and main image.

PERHAPS an idea to play around with (in a offline/non-live setting) could be to keep the main nav up top, but change the background color to black and make the menu items white. I played around with it using Firebug and, in my personal opinion, it seems to contrast/blend better with the overall “suave” of the top third of the site (if that makes sense).

see/click example image below:

Just a constructive thought/suggestion . . . you’ve REALLY done a GREAT JOB with it !!!

😎

1. white-nav-example
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum