Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I rally need some more info on a few features.

1. In Joomla cache manager there is “com_jaamazons3” and i contains 30 files and it`s growing. What is this?
    2. I created a new bucket and a new profile. I choose the templates CSS folder to upload, and set cron job to every hour. I use this URL path as suggested: {juri_root}templates/ja_teline_iv/css/.
    And after that i upload to S3 and syncronize. But the CSS still points to hostgator. What am i doing wrong?
    See my settings here:
    3. In profile settings, what means: cache lifetime? What is normal settings here?
    4. Cloud front. If i want to spread the image folder over 3 different servers/continents. Must i then create 3 different profiles and assign them to 3 different regions?
    5. How can i check that the Cloud front i working?
    6. Exactly what is the differens between Pseudo and System Cron Job?
    7. What does the cron job do? What can i expect if i set the cron job for 1 hour? Does it transfer files to amazon? Wich files?
    8. What is the recommended setting for “Profile Path Depth” in global settings?
    9. Does this component affect the site cache? What are the best cache settings in Joomla core and the JA teline IV? Is it ok to Join, minify & compress the css while using the S3?

I know the above questions are silly to most of you, but iΒ΄m a total newbie to the world of CDN and just need some final instructions to figure things out. IΒ΄m even prepared to pay someone to instruct me over a chat(skype, msn etc) cause we really need this to our site. If you have the time to personally instruct me, please PM me.

Thanks for your understanding.

1. css-settings-amazon-s3
    MoonSailor Friend

Hi Coopoli!
    1. It’s cache of process of cronjob. It’s initialized because you enable cache of system or template. It store upload file success or failure.
    2. In the site of custommer (is coopoli), because, user using join css and js. So, file css load in front-end is call from folder “t3-assets”. When you upload file from folder “templates/ja_teline_iv/css/” isn’t replace by s3 file.
    3. “Cache times”: Time(in second) items will be stored in your computer before they are loaded again. You can set is null.
    4. No πŸ™‚ You just need to create one profile πŸ™‚
    5. You can using plugin “s3fox” for firefox browser.
    6. Pseudo Cron – zero configuration. The only disadvantage is that once every 30 minutes (time you can config) , one visitor to your website may experience a slow load time as they will have triggered the automatic import.
    True Cron – you will need to set up a manual cron job. The advantage is that updates happen without any user ever knowing (i.e. no slowdowns). The other advantage is that you can control how frequently Sweetcron imports new items (Pseudo Cron only imports once every 30 mins (time you can config) ). To set up a true cron you can either do it through your web host control panel or through a 3rd party service such as http://www.webcron.org
    7. You can read here : http://www.cronjob.com/
    8. Is a maximum depth (folders) when you selected “Site Path” in created, view, edit profile (view attachment file depth.png)

9. You can using system cronjob. I belive it does not generate cache.

Thanks πŸ™‚

1. depth
    coopoli Friend

Hi
    Thank you very very much. This really sorted things out:-)

Will you add the Yahoo smush.it to JA S3 in the future? It seems to be a problem with the image optimization when running tests like Yslow and PageSpeed.

Regards

EDIT:
    I found it now in the profile settings. Sweet!

coopoli Friend

Is there a way to set “auto delete items” after finnish cron job upload to S3 server?

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coopoli πŸ™‚

With add the Yahoo smush.it to JA S3 in the future, will review this issue. Thank you for your contribution πŸ™‚

Can’t set “auto delete items” after finnish cron job upload to S3 server but when upload manual, you can choise “Upload & Delete Local”

If you need restore file in local, you using “Pull file” when go to “Files Browser”

Thanks πŸ™‚

1. 4-24-2012-9-15-25-AM
    2. 4-24-2012-9-18-19-AM
    coopoli Friend

<em>@Vu Tran 315658 wrote:</em><blockquote>

With add the Yahoo smush.it to JA S3 in the future, will review this issue. Thank you for your contribution πŸ™‚

</blockquote>

I selected Yes in the profile settings to compress the images during upload using Smushit. But when i go through all the images in the S3 bucket, no images are compressed. There should be a red smaller text saying; “Compressed” next to the compressed images, but in my case there is no text saying that images are compressed…

I manually uploaded the files via the component to my S3 bucket and after that i turned on the cron job. Might that be the problem of no compressed images?

Let me know if you want some login info to have a look…

Vu Tran, Thanks for beeing so patiented with me:-)

Regards

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coopoli πŸ™‚

When using cron job, the feature “Image Compression” is not activated. I apologize for that omission . have added to the bug tracker for improving the same in next version . http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECCOMAMAZONJIVI-80

If you using manual uploaded, “Image Compression” runs normal.

When i uploaded file “sl-2.jpg ” in folder “eadimg”, after upload

file in s3 : http://1eadcdn.s3.amazonaws.com/eadimg/sl-2.jpg size 173kb
    file in local: http://www.eadora.com/eadimg/sl-2.jpg 177.68 Kb

1. 4-24-2012-3-26-59-PM
    coopoli Friend

Ok, that explains a lot:-)

I canΒ΄t access the link you provided, but do you have any idea when the next version including the cron/compress will be finished?

Why will not the smushit compress .png and .gif? Is that not possible?

Regards

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coopoli!

Sorry because the JIRA issue was set to private, now i set public. Pls view again πŸ™‚

I will fix it somewhere in next week. After completing fix in your site πŸ™‚

Some images, are already compressed, so the resultant compression would be negligible.

Thanks πŸ™‚

coopoli Friend

<em>@Vu Tran 315917 wrote:</em><blockquote>I will fix it somewhere in next week. After completing fix in your site πŸ™‚

Some images, are already compressed, so the resultant compression would be negligible.

Please feel free to update our site with the new release and test it. The site is still in dev. mode so it only affect us so far.

Regards

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coopoli πŸ™‚

I will πŸ™‚

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum