Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

can someone please help me make the flying pumpkin show on my Joomla 1.7 site, please. I am using JA_Social template for Joomla! 1.7 and I installed the animation module from JA_Events template. Too many settings for me on the backend. Please help me by giving the default settings for the pumpkin to load.

Thanks a lot.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phicts 279860 wrote:</em><blockquote>can someone please help me make the flying pumpkin show on my Joomla 1.7 site, please. I am using JA_Social template for Joomla! 1.7 and I installed the animation module from JA_Events template. Too many settings for me on the backend. Please help me by giving the default settings for the pumpkin to load.

Thanks a lot.</blockquote>
    One thing you can try to do is go to the demo page for JA Events and click on the “Demo Builder” tab on the left. You can then set up a temporary clone of the demo (which is stored on OUR servers), including access to the administration for the temporary site.

You can then review the configurations for the animation and then try to duplicate it within your site.

phicts Friend

Will try it as you suggested. Thanks TomC. 🙂

phicts Friend

I just tried as you suggested but what was made for me was JD Events, not JA Events. I tried it twice, thinking I made a demo for a Drupal template. On my second I tried, I was very careful that I am on the J1.7 template for Joomla! Same result – Drupal test sites were made for me. I tried logging in just the same and i was greeted with some error about Drupal. No good. :confused:

1. untitled
    TomC Moderator

<em>@phicts 279881 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just tried as you suggested but what was made for me was JD Events, not JA Events. I tried it twice, thinking I made a demo for a Drupal template. On my second I tried, I was very careful that I am on the J1.7 template for Joomla! Same result – Drupal test sites were made for me. I tried logging in just the same and i was greeted with some error about Drupal. No good. :confused:

</blockquote>

You’re absolutely right … not good at all.

I will bring this to the attention of our JA Development Team immediately.

In the meantime, the next best thing would be to set up a temporary subdomain on your server (i.e. http://www.yoursite.com/subdomain) and install the quickstart+sample data JA Events template there. I realize it will take an extra step or two, but after you get the info you need, you can simply wipe out the subdomain and related database altogether.

I’ve done this a few times myself – pre “Demo Builder” days – when I really needed to view a certain demo’s elements and configurations.

phicts Friend

I already tried some settings on a local install with xampp. I just can’t figure it out. I’ll try again later for the Christmas animation. By the way, I wonder why the JA Animation module isn’t listed in the Module Section of the forums.

Thanks for your reply TomC. I do appreciate your effort and attention.

phicts Friend

I finally got it to work. I don’t know but all i did was reset the settings of CSS and JS Optimization of the ja_social template.

Optimize CSS – Join & Minify
    Optimize JS – Join & Minifiy & Compress

I change the setting of Optimize CSS to No/Linked files as requested by a someone in connection with my edits to line-up the social sharing buttons. When I changed it back to “Join & Minify” the animation module worked like a charm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phicts 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum