Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am creating a new site for J2.5+ using JA Purity II — to replace my old site . In that one I used JA slideshow in the topsl1 position.

Is that extension still good, or has it been replaced? What’s the best way to add a simple slide show to my new site? I don’t need thumbnails etc, just the images.

Thanks — Howard Ballinger

tfosnom Friend

<em>@shafee_howard 316636 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I am creating a new site for J2.5+ using JA Purity II — to replace my old site . In that one I used JA slideshow in the topsl1 position. Is that extension still good, or has it been replaced? What’s the best way to add a simple slide show to my new site? I don’t need thumbnails etc, just the images. Thanks — Howard Ballinger</blockquote> Howard as a paid member you have access to all the current JA Templates that if you use the Quickstart installation come with slideshows included and set up, I’m just wondering why you want to use a free template that isn’t in my opinion as visually brilliiant or have the range of features Nex, Orisite or even minimalist crap like Puresite does. But it’s your site I guess. You can take the slideshow from another template (download) and install to Purity II then as its just a module publish to a position Cheers Shane

shafee_howard Friend

Apparently your tastes aren’t the same as mine, or our group’s. I was working with ‘Nex’, and found it full of hyperactive crap that I would just have to turn off. I pretty much just need the basics.

So how do I copy a slide show from Nex to PurityII? Looking in my Nex install I don’t see anything I’d recognize as a slideshow in /components, /modules or /plugins.

Have a nice day — HB

tfosnom Friend

<em>@shafee_howard 316661 wrote:</em><blockquote>Apparently your tastes aren’t the same as mine, or our group’s. I was working with ‘Nex’, and found it full of hyperactive crap that I would just have to turn off. I pretty much just need the basics. So how do I copy a slide show from Nex to PurityII? Looking in my Nex install I don’t see anything I’d recognize as a slideshow in /components, /modules or /plugins. Have a nice day — HB</blockquote> Sorry you have interpreted my post as possibly offensive it seems, or dissing you for choosing Purity over better templates, as you infer I have no taste when it comes to templates, I’ll gracefully pass on going further with help. and leave it to those who are paid to deal with you. Have a really nice day Shane

swissa Friend
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum