Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to set up quickstart on a wampserver localhost.

Every time I try to install the 1.6 quickstart I get a blank page after I have been through the install and removed the installation folder.

I have installed the 1.5 version without a problem

Does anyone know what may be wrong?

with the 1.6 install I can log in to backend and see everything but the output is blank!

davib Friend

Ok I need to add to this, I would really appreciate it if a support person could help out as there is clearly an issue between quickstart and the wampserver. I am not saying something is wrong with the quickstart but I need some help to track the issue as I need to have a local dev server

1. I tried the quickstart on my hosts server, no problem it worked.
    2. I did an akeeba backup of this site and tried to restore it on my localhost and once again a blank page
    3. I tried another templates 1.6 quickstart and once again a blank page
    4. I installed the standard Joomla1.6 package on the localhost and all worked fine

So it is clearly a clash between wampserver and quickstart!

As I said all Joomlart 1.6 quickstarts install no problem and I can log in and administer the site and see all articles etc. It just renders blank in the browser and the source code shows nothing is being sent to the browser :confused:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS ONLY FOR 1.6 QUICKSTARTS, THE 1.5 QUICKSTARTS WORK FINE

Phill Moderator

Please in your WAMP setup click on PHP>PHP Extensions and enable PHP_Curl

Or go into the Joomla back end and disable the JA Twitter Module.

The module uses PHP_Curl and by default WAMP does not have this enabled hence your error.

davib Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 236632 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please in your WAMP setup click on PHP>PHP Extensions and enable PHP_Curl

Or go into the Joomla back end and disable the JA Twitter Module.</blockquote>

You are a bloody champion mate, I had just finished pulling my last hair out.!!!
    I did it and it worked immediately

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  davib 12 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum