Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I can’t edit the menu … JA menu.

where do i find it? :((

thanks for help.

c_lewien Friend

Modules.

Positions are Page 1,2,3,4 etc

Im having the same problem editing the sames on new pages as its still coming up the old ones etc also you cant reorder “main menu” menus and the page 1 2 3 ones 🙁

danielariza1982 Friend

I have the same problem as I edit (Features, services, video …) of itme menu?

damian Friend

Features, Services, Video Are Not Menu 😀

Please take a look to your Module . look at module position , page 1 page 2 page 3 etc.

cssyeah Moderator

Hi all,

Features, Services,… are not menu.

If you want to edit item title, you open the ..templatesja_cloriscoreetclayoutsdefault.xml file and edit title of the page.

<block name="onepage" type="onepage" pageid="" no-wrap="1" no-main="1">
    <page name="about-us" type="modules" title="About us" class="light first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="features" type="modules" title="Features" class="dark">page2</page>
    </block>

After change the title, you must login to back-end of your site and clear T3 cache.

alpinevp Friend

<em>@trungch 213987 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all,

Features, Services,… are not menu.

If you want to edit item title, you open the ..templatesja_cloriscoreetclayoutsdefault.xml file and edit title of the page.

<block name="onepage" type="onepage" pageid="" no-wrap="1" no-main="1">
    <page name="about-us" type="modules" title="About us" class="light first-item">page1</page>
    <page name="features" type="modules" title="Features" class="dark">page2</page>
    </block>

After change the title, you must login to back-end of your site and clear T3 cache.</blockquote>

You think that you guys at Joomlart would be smart enough to put this info out to the rest of us who aren’t friggin mind readers so we don’t wast hours trying to figure this out! You make great templates but your use of documentation sucks! Very frustrating and time consuming.

m Friend

Seriously?! This is an awesome template, so I second alpinevp’s comments – you guys make some of the best templates. But your documentation, I mean first of all having to open an XML file to change the MAIN “MENU” is bad enough, but THEN not including that in the documentation?

sigh…

alpinevp Friend

Frankly, there are so many other undocumented (IMPORTANT, NEED TO KNOW) aspects of using this template that I finally gave up using it and went with something else entirely (Teleline 3, yet another poorly undocumented template, but easier to figure out). WTF is happening over there in Joomlart land? Seriously, Hung and company need to start focusing on better communication with it’s members and providing documentation that is equally superior to their templates. It is an inexcusable error of omissions that appears to be born out of sheer laziness. Come on guys, rise to the height of the bar you yourselves have set in the industry!

Phill Moderator

<em>@worklabs 216553 wrote:</em><blockquote>Seriously?! This is an awesome template, so I second alpinevp’s comments – you guys make some of the best templates. But your documentation, I mean first of all having to open an XML file to change the MAIN “MENU” is bad enough, but THEN not including that in the documentation?

sigh…</blockquote>

I agree it should have been better documented. As for having this in an xml file that is no so bad really. The file can be edited from the template manager (using the layouts tab) so no need to mess about with ftp etc. There is a reason for this for which I am sure you are aware. You can use the normal menu structure on this template but you will not get the one page layout feature. This is doing something outside the normal Joomla box so a compromise had to be made. I am sure you can appreciate that.

vanillapanda Friend

Glad I found this post. Is there a way to create sub-menu items through the xml file?

Just to add to this, if the menu is defined in this xml file how do I specify a home page. I do not need a “main menu” from the Menu Manager.

If you look at the Demo they create the J! Menu. I have no need for this. I specify my home page in the xml file?

alpinevp Friend

It’s not about appreciating thinking out of the box. The documentation sucks on this template, there is no roadmap. Come on Phil, even you have to agree. I don’t think anyone here has said this template was bad, I think the execution is definitely cool and when I have more time to figure it all out since Hung seems to not care about documenting all of the tricks, I will be using it. But this seems to be typical operation mode for Joomlart AND RocketTheme. It’s like these guys sit around thinking stuff up and forget that they are actually in the business of selling memberships to customers, the majority of which are not at the same level of code development and execution as these guys sitting around the table in Vietnam. Customer service and good management count for more than a good product. Case in point, Cloris is a really good idea that was executed and presented poorly.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@vanillapanda 218568 wrote:</em><blockquote>Glad I found this post. Is there a way to create sub-menu items through the xml file?

Just to add to this, if the menu is defined in this xml file how do I specify a home page. I do not need a “main menu” from the Menu Manager.

If you look at the Demo they create the J! Menu. I have no need for this. I specify my home page in the xml file?</blockquote>

Dear vanillapanda,

Actually,They are not menu items so you could not create sub-menu items through the xml file,also it is impossibe to specify the home page in the xml file.

You have to do all these things via the joomla menu manager section.

isfitness Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 217551 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree it should have been better documented. As for having this in an xml file that is no so bad really. The file can be edited from the template manager (using the layouts tab) so no need to mess about with ftp etc. There is a reason for this for which I am sure you are aware. You can use the normal menu structure on this template but you will not get the one page layout feature. This is doing something outside the normal Joomla box so a compromise had to be made. I am sure you can appreciate that.</blockquote>

And there it is. A normal answer. Guys, If you have a question, the joomlart team give a 24 hour answer. That’s great! And like the comment above, this template is a little out of the box. But you will get an out of the box website. If you don’t get it, take the default joomla template. Maybe you guys get that one instead of comlaining about the documantation of the templates.

Phill Moderator

On the subject of Documentation Arvind dropped me a link to the new documentation that is being worked on. To many good documentation may seem an easy job but it is far from that. Writing decent docs can take as long as creating the template itself. Rest assured however that it is being addressed and as time goes on it will improve.

alpinevp Friend

Did isfitness contribute anything constructive to this thread or was he just bored and had nothing better to do?

With regard to documentation, as classes, suffixes, css, navigation and whatever are being implemented during development, one would think that as a team, they would be using something like Fork or some other project management tracking program so that all of this resides in one place so that at the end of the project, everyones notes are readily available to transcribe into the proper “end user” documentation. At least that’s what most os us do where we have projects with multiple developers working on a single site. How else are we going to know amongst ourselves what the heck is going on during design and development?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum