Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

As there have been a number of members who have begun to inquire as to if/when there will be a future addition to the critically acclaimed JA Teline series – in the form of a JA TELINE V – let’s start a quasi-official “wishlist” here for features and/or improvements you would like to see if/when a “Teline V” comes to fruition.

DISCLAIMER:
    The creation and existence of this thread is NEITHER A PROMISE NOR GUARANTEE that there will be a Teline V … but rather – with the ideas, comments and suggestions that we see here – perhaps we can assist our JA Development Team with a “most wanted features” list that they can use and build upon for if/when a “Teline V” makes the future JATC Template Development Plan.

Okay . . . . So let’s here your CONSTRUCTIVE ideas and suggestions for what would make a exciting and dynamic addition to the JA Teline series.

😎

cepedalc Friend

Okay, so My wish would come in handy for January 2012 release or even Feb.
    Here my thoughts:

No more tools for user interaction with the look and feel of the site, except for Font size which is necessary for some readers. I personally think that a professional sight should look the same to everyone and options for changing display, colors and others should be only available to the site owner, so replacing the tools ( Cpanel ) position with more useful content would be nice, please see my post here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja_teline-v-request-or-question-for-teline-iv-if-possible/
    This could be very useful if I could load modules from both joomla or K2 content.

Please check the template with all mayor browsers, ( I know you do but what’s up with Teline IV ) I have posted something about the way it displays the Mega menu in IE,FF, Opera, Chrome and Safari.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/browser-compartability-this-is-my-problem-with-teline-iv/
    I know it is very difficult to accomplish this and that I could a few things to make it look better but I wish it would be standard thing and no need for me to change anything, cause changing lets say the font size to make it fit in FF will decease the size in IE where it looks fine already.

Please improve the caching system or just take it out.

For having your QuickStarts work like a charm is very easy for us, putting the package together may not very easy for you, but I would like to request an test on your side before releasing to clients, and that is install a quick start and do some modification like if you were one of us, that could give you some glitches that you catch before us, I know there is a lot to blame on us but hey sometimes things go crazy and become messes too easy and dealing with this is not something that everyone can do.

Thanks and please give us Teline V.

TomC Moderator

<em>@cepedalc 286963 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, so My wish would come in handy for January 2012 release or even Feb.[/quote]

Remember . . . . We’re talking ideas/concepts and suggestions here, not release date demands. 😎

TomC Moderator

Any other constructive ideas and suggestions ??

😎

cepedalc Friend

That is it for me, I know there are many like me out there, hopefully at least we can make it better, and yes I know, no release date but I am down to my last day in membership and will renew when the new teline is out. It is in fact the only template I have used for my membership, even I have a few more just in case.

Good luck to all and see you soon again.

zorroh Friend

Please look BBC design filosophy… layout, grid etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gel

PDF: http://static.bbc.co.uk/gel/0.2.0/downloads/GEL_web_styleguide.pdf

1. tutorial-for-news-magazin
    zorroh Friend

BBC uk like featured content slider: http://bbc.co.uk

featured news from every main category, slider shows main category name and link, with mouse over shows pause/play and next news with thumbnail

1. bbc-like-featured-content-slider
    zorroh Friend

More modules positions in frontpage…

Right now Teline frontpage is bit a static layout, so it would be great if in teline 5 is possobility to manage frontpage layout or just possobility to use more places for modules.

1. teline5-more-module-positions-in-frontpage
    TomC Moderator

<em>@zorroh 290374 wrote:</em><blockquote>

More modules positions in frontpage…

Right now Teline frontpage is bit a static layout, so it would be great if in teline 5 is possobility to manage frontpage layout or just possobility to use more places for modules.</blockquote>
    MORE places for modules? . . . How much more do you think can be crammed in? 😎

I actually like your mock-up idea . . . though bear in mind that if things begin to get too cluttered, it becomes difficult for users to focus in on any given item(s) amongst the clutter. Like I said, though . . . I do like the additional position options you drew up.

we2solutions Friend

Complete video gallery for the Teline5 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@WE2Solutions 290400 wrote:</em><blockquote>Complete video gallery for the Teline5 :)</blockquote>

Video Gallery?

Do you have an example of a current video gallery (for reference)?

zorroh Friend

more modules gives opportunity to play with layout, right now frontpage is too limited. i need to use featured news slider and some links below that, and i also need narrow area between slider and sidebar(col-mass1) for ad or for short announces

i added new picture with comments …

In that picture you see hot topic area… it can be christmas topic and it would be nice to change background of that hot topic moduleheading

right now ja-news gives categories and 3 articles in that, but i need advertise or short hilited review place between sidebar and janews area.

Another topic is ADs inside articles!
    look this picture:

<em>@TomC 290398 wrote:</em><blockquote>MORE places for modules? . . . How much more do you think can be crammed in? 😎

I actually like your mock-up idea . . . though bear in mind that if things begin to get too cluttered, it becomes difficult for users to focus in on any given item(s) amongst the clutter. Like I said, though . . . I do like the additional position options you drew up.</blockquote>

1. teline5-better-layout-customization
    2. ad-example
    VisiGod Friend

Rely on K2/AllVideos/SimpleImageGallery as these give much better control on everything.

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 290745 wrote:</em><blockquote>Rely on K2/AllVideos/SimpleImageGallery as these give much better control on everything.</blockquote>

“Rely on?” . . . as in forsaking any/all other extension or CCK possibilities/alternatives?

VisiGod Friend

<em>@TomC 290753 wrote:</em><blockquote>”Rely on?” . . . as in forsaking any/all other extension or CCK possibilities/alternatives?</blockquote>
    And these are? I mean stable, relatively easy to use and free? Not a lot… and to be honest I don’t recall any 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Qvsoft 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum