Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JA Twitter Module Installation Guide(mod-ja_twitter.zip)
    [position: mega-item]

JA Twitter module lets you display twittes from a twitter account, it allows to load twitter account information, friends list, avatar, twittes streamline, depending on configuration you set. On JA Teline III demo, this module locates at top right corner, when hover cursor on tab Twitter, you will see:

Step 1: Installation
    You follow simple steps below:1/ Install the module JA Twitter via Joomla Installer
    2/ Assign module JA Twitter to the position: {mega-item}Note: In JA Teline III, we use module JA MegaMenu to load JA Twitter Module. Thus make sure module JA MegaMenu is already available. Learn how to install JA MegaMenu here. 3/ Enable the module JA TwitterIf you are new to this stuff, follow detailed guidelines below:
    —-How to install Joomla Plugin
    —-How to use JA MegaMenu module

Then, the module is ready on your front-page.

Step 2: How to use the module

From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Module Manger, then click on module title JA Twitter For Joomla 1.5.x to enter configuration panel:

2.1 Display Tweets using your Twitter screen name:

For a quick run, you simply declare your Twitter username and select Twitter Method “User timeline” as per screenshort (method “Friend timeline” only applicable when you input your Twitter authentication credentials). Then, the module allows you to display the following:
    —- Your Twitter username
    —- Your Twitter avatar
    —- Tweets you update
    —- The source of your tweets
    —- Your Twitter friend list
    (Make sure you configure these params ENABLE/SHOW respectively)

An example when the module is displayed on front-page:

2.1 Display full Tweets streamline:

You just need declare your Twitter authentication, then select Twitter Method “Friend timeline” as per screenshort (select method “None” or “Friend timeline” if you wish). This option allows you to fully load all tweets streamline the same as you are on Tweeter homepage.

You can play around to configure params to fit your need. Hover cursor over each params for detailed description.

zorroh Friend

here, in guide is module class suffix _default twitter, but this breaks megamenu. after removing suffix everything works.

antoniu1 Friend

Doesn’t work for me.

Installed Megamenu and set it to {megamenu} Installed Twitter module, set it to {mega-item}. Both are active, I can see RSS right top.

But the whole Twitter layout is scattered all over the page. No formatting at all and always visible. I tried with _default twitter and without, but it doesn’t change anything.

I am not a rookie at all, but I have no idea what could be wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tom

****** OKAY have found it! You REALLY need to install the Megamenu first and then the Twitter module, or it will not work. Jee. I think that could be more clear. 🙂

pmike4343 Friend

Twitter module reports “Undefined variable: response in C:rootmodulesmod_jatwitterjatwitter.php on line 374”

Testing on local machine wamp running PHP 5.2.11. Module is displaying tweets but this error message appears at top of box . Know issue? Hints?

markwhi Friend

Where can I adjust the text “Follow (twitter name) on Twitter” at the base of the module?

I cannot find the file for this text to edit….

androbil Friend

<em>@markwhi 149396 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where can I adjust the text “Follow (twitter name) on Twitter” at the base of the module?

I cannot find the file for this text to edit….</blockquote>

you can find it in the

modulesmod_jatwittertmpl directory

try to change the respective text in default2.php , default.php and default.ajax.php files

Regards

ardexus Friend

I assume the screenshot is from an older version. Version 1.0.5 (Nov 2010) has way more options.

I set mine up and it was working fine in development. Then I switched on caching in both my joomla global config and my T3II template manager (developer settings off, caching enabled), as well as CSS and JS join, compress + minify.

Now all I get form my twitter module is the header text and follow button. No tweets 🙁

Has anyone else been able to make the twitter module work with compression and caching turned on?
    What does the module look like when twitter is down or ignoring your API calls?
    Have any of the module’s settings been found to conflict with caching?? I’ve tried all combinations of options… what am I missing?

thuanlq Friend

Hi Ardexus,

Please clean all cache file, then reload your page. If you don’t want use API in this module, please choose “Type of follow button” is “simple”. The module’s settings don’t conflict with caching.

Please provide me website information via ticket id LAG-342-56926 , I will debug in your site to give you solutions.

Thanks,

sbbritt Friend

I am using Joomla 1.7 and JA Teline IV.

I have set up the Twitter module but when I click from the twitter button I get the following errors.

Type of follow button:

If I set the “API Connect” method (using the code in the authenticate email), I get this message:

“Sorry, something went wrong.

Small_robot The client identifier was missing or unknown”

If I use the “Simple” button, I get

“Something is technically wrong.

Thanks for noticing — we’re going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon.”

The module is reading Twitter my account info correctly.

Is this a Twitter issue or something I am doing wrong?

Thanks
    Susan

merce Friend

Hello,

I have installed the JA Twitter module in template Teline IV, with the instructions from Joomlart (very useful, thanks!). It has worked perfectly fine for three days. At the third day it has been hacked: the module doesn’t show the tweets of our account but from somebody else. The twiter account has not been hacked. Is only teh module that shows somebody else’s account. The thing is: I don’t know if there is a bug in the module (the module version I got is not the last, but the the 2.5.7) or in my server. ¿Maybe someone manage to change the OAuth settings in the module?

I don’t see inusual connexions, we have two log-in screens and a security component that register every user entering. At the moment I have unpublished the module, which solves the problem for a moment. Does any one know where comes the problem from?

Thanks a lot

Ninja Lead Moderator

JA Twitter module API has changed Twitter and so get your API key and put into JA Twitter module

You can have look at user guide for reference here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum