Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Dear JoomlArticians,
    We found an issue while installing com_rsgallery2. The issue will occur when the server set the time out for PHP execution maximum is 30 seconds. Because the package has a lot of files, the script will took longer than that so you can not install this component and get the error:
    <blockquote>
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ……..
    </blockquote>

Solutions:
    1. Download com_rsgallery2 from JoomlArt

2. Upload it to your server (the zip file) and then extract it to a temp folder (or other folder of your choice). Please remember this folder path

3. Go to Joomla! administrator panel, click on Installers >> Components. You will see the option to install from Directory

4. Now you can put the path to the directory you’ve extracted com_ragallery2 to then click install.

That will install the component without the timeout issue. You can always choose installing the quickstart package to ignore unexpected troubles.

Please post here if you got another issue when installing this component.

langer Friend

In the JA Avian & JA Avian II – User Guide:
    >>>1.2. COMPONENT INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
    …….
    a. You will see the component package in JA Extension package.
    Now choose Installers >> Component and then choose the component package. The Description screen will tell you that component installed successful.<<<

I’am sorry, I can not find a RSGallery2 component package there.

I also tried to install “Com RSGallery2 1.0 modified by JoomlArt” which ist listed here: http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/ca…_avian_ii.html

But when I try to install the zip I get a “Installation file not found” error message.

I don’t unterstand it.

kashxo Friend

Please try again one more time by re-downloading the com RSGallery2 1.0 modified by JoomlArt and install again.
    Please post your result here after you’ve done that

langer Friend

Now it works. Thank you. 😀

drewjackson Friend

I am new to Joomla and new to Joomlart. I am unable to install the RS Gallery2 component per these instructions and I think my mistake is in not knowing exactly what to enter in the “Install from Directory” field. I have never installed a component this way. I cannot tell from your screen shot above what you entered because it is cut off from showing the full entry.

I extracted the zip file before I uploaded it to my site because I don’t know how to unzip a file once it is already uploaded. The name of the folder is “com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja” and it is inside the /joomla folder at the same level as the components folder, but it is not in the components folder.

I have set my website up so that when someone enters the url, it points to the joomla folder directly so that the page opens (I also do not know how to have joomla open without doing this). So I’ve tried:

http://www.brazilforlife.com/com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja
    http://www.brazilforlife.com/bfl/www/joomla/com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja
    http://www.brazilforlife.com/joomla/com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja

Whatever I enter I always get the error message, “Please enter a package directory”. What am I doing wrong?

NOTE: It appears that I have successfully installed it, though nothing seems to have changed when I refresh the website/template. However, the RS Gallery component installed. Here’s what I did. I have a shared hosting service with 1and1. Though my site is named “www.brazilforlife.com”, I saw that from within the Joomla admin area, there was a path displayed that began with /homepages/32/x32… and I thought to myself that this might be the actual path to my joomla directory rather than the url I was given. So I copied and pasted this path into the “Install from Directory” field up to the folder name of where the unzipped folder resided, and then I added, “/com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja”, the name of the unzipped folder that contain the full component. It installed in a couple of seconds.

horizonestate Friend

i cant install this component,after the upload is complete or even when i upload the unziped package i get a blank page.just blank and nothing happens.when i refresh the page its the install page but nothing has been installed :confused:

mahir Friend

ok
    i cant find documentation as to how to actually install the “quick start” archives.
    i use godaddy as my host… it installs joomla automatically..

so i just *forgive me this is a noobi mistake* over wrote the joomla installation with the quickstart archive???

what do i do? i dont see the rsgallery nor the other cool stuff that is supposed to be there.

how do i make it work???

when i try to install rsgallery over what i have now – it says rsgallery is already there but its not..
    should i remove joomla installed by godaddy and just put the files there myself??

please help!

the website is : http://puccaso.com

maxmmize Friend

Where is the com download? I cannot find it anywhere. It’s the whole reason I joined.

hanhct Friend

<em>@maxmmize 47974 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where is the com download? I cannot find it anywhere. It’s the whole reason I joined.</blockquote>
    pls download com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja.zip
    here 🙂

maxmmize Friend

Thank you so much. I tried looking for the past 24 hours before I posted. I *really* appreciate you pointing it out to me.

itgl72 Friend

But us that the one with the latest gallery fixes that were just introduced with the 1.5.2 quick install? The date on that download is older.

hanhct Friend

@maxmmize:

sorry, you can download the com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja.zip HERE
    that link install for joomla1.0.x
    If you install for joomla!1.5.x then download ja_avian_ii_1.5_com_rsgallery2.zip HERE. The a_avian_ii_1.5_extensions.zip file include the RS Gallery component.

@drewjackson:

To install component by “Install from Directory” you must extracted the zip file to the new folder, ex: com_rsgallery. Next you paste the path of com_rsgallery folder into the “Install from Directory” field. Then submit Install button.
    NOTE: for joomla!1.5.x, you must Enabled System – Legacy plugin in Extensions/Plugin Manager before install RS Gallery2 component
    Hope to help for you! 🙂

maxmmize Friend

Thank you for your follow ups. 🙂 The first link does not work.

If anyone cares, Rascal Flatts rocked Sacramento, CA on Thursday!

mukhtar Friend

Kashxo he is deffinetly start he has offered the best ever help anybody can get, he spent more 4 hours sorting a password problem with JA Template. With out him i could never done it. He is very knowledgeble and Good-natured tolerance person.
    Thank You again very much Kashxo.

jantonio Friend

<em>@hanhct 48007 wrote:</em><blockquote>@maxmmize:

sorry, you can download the com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja.zip HERE
    that link install for joomla1.0.x
    If you install for joomla!1.5.x then download ja_avian_ii_1.5_com_rsgallery2.zip HERE. The a_avian_ii_1.5_extensions.zip file include the RS Gallery component.

@drewjackson:

To install component by “Install from Directory” you must extracted the zip file to the new folder, ex: com_rsgallery. Next you paste the path of com_rsgallery folder into the “Install from Directory” field. Then submit Install button.
    NOTE: for joomla!1.5.x, you must Enabled System – Legacy plugin in Extensions/Plugin Manager before install RS Gallery2 component
    Hope to help for you! :)</blockquote>
    I just became a new member and I’m trying to download “com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja.zip” but I’m unable to find download availability. This is very frustratring as it should be part of the main download. Please further advise and kindly revert.

Link Does not work for download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  versaille123 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum