Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The content slider links to an article instead of the page which is not the desired result. I would like the user to be brought to the page that contains the article. My settings are calling the articles from content.

I noticed a similar unanswered question in the public forums here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-content-slider-2-5-linking-to-article-instead-of-page/

Thanks

Blaine Friend

You have the category set us as News in the Slider and the slider actually returns a 404 error when clicked on.
    The top menu link is however is however linked to an external URL and not a category.
    So your menu link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/index.php?option=com_webresources&catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Where as the Slider link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/clone/jupgrade/component/webresources/?catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Notice they seem to be calling two different folders one the upgrade, the other the actual site.

Blaine Friend

I have replied on the other two threads, but here it is again:
    <blockquote>You have the category set us as News in the Slider and the slider actually returns a 404 error when clicked on.
    The top menu link is however is however linked to an external URL and not a category.
    So your menu link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/index.php?option=com_webresources&catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Where as the Slider link goes here:
    cachecanada.org/1/clone/jupgrade/component/webresources/?catid=24&Itemid=100084&lang=en
    Notice they seem to be calling two different folders one the upgrade, the other the actual site.</blockquote>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum