1. Celebrating Uber Template with free Halloween logo decorations [ Click here ]

[Stable Release 20 October] Uber - Responsive 3 in 1 Joomla template [ Release Note ] [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Info ]

JM Aroma - Responsive Magento theme for online restaurants [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Info ]

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

JAT3 Clean Cache

I have noticed that every time I make a change on my site (add menu item, update/change/add an item, etc), I have to click on the JAT3 Clean Cache link before the update takes affect. If I just go to the website and click the refresh button on my browser, it doesn't reflect the changes until I click the JAT3 Clean Cache and then do a browser refresh.

Is there a way to disable this so that all changes take effect without cleaning the cache?

Thanks.

Licensed Member
    Joomla Developer Membership - Renew 1 yearJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year ExpiredWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chriso0258 View Post
    I have noticed that every time I make a change on my site (add menu item, update/change/add an item, etc), I have to click on the JAT3 Clean Cache link before the update takes affect. If I just go to the website and click the refresh button on my browser, it doesn't reflect the changes until I click the JAT3 Clean Cache and then do a browser refresh.

Is there a way to disable this so that all changes take effect without cleaning the cache?

Thanks.
    Hoi chriso0258

Go to the admin and pick Extensions / Template Manager / Purity II and set the settings in Global like these. Then when you develop it will be instant. It you change modules you still need to hit the clear JAT3 cache. It will become 2nd nature very quickly!!

Screen Shot 2012-05-09 at 22.50.23.png

Hope that helps you!
    I'm not a moderator, staff or support member. So for your own safety, DO A BACKUP first!
    Don't play with a live production site - always build and test using a development site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks for your answer. What would be the advantage of disabling development mode on a live site?

JA Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Hi chriso0258,

When you run your site with cache on, there will be 2 cache folders: t3-assets and t3-pages. With this mode disabled, it's better for your site's loading time. If you set Development mode to Yes, it will disable caches and these 2 folders will disappear. It's recommended that this mode's set to Yes for development stage cause you will be able to see changes immediately after page refresh, withou cleaning T3 cache.

Hope this helps.

Click Thanks if my post is helpful

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saguaros For This Useful Post:

bluestreak (08-11-2013)

Licensed Member
    Joomla Developer Membership - Renew 1 yearJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year ExpiredWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks for your answer. What would be the advantage of disabling development mode on a live site?
    It enables and disables cache.
    I'm not a moderator, staff or support member. So for your own safety, DO A BACKUP first!
    Don't play with a live production site - always build and test using a development site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saguaros View Post
    Hi chriso0258,
    It's recommended that this mode's set to Yes for development stage cause you will be able to see changes immediately after page refresh, withou cleaning T3 cache.
    If this is set to "No" for a live site, and someone makes a change to the site from the front end, (say they add a couple of events to a calendar), then won't those changes not be reflected since the "cache" was not refreshed?

Licensed Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    If this is set to "No" for a live site, and someone makes a change to the site from the front end, (say they add a couple of events to a calendar), then won't those changes not be reflected since the "cache" was not refreshed?
    The black arts of cache (well for me anyway!).

Depends on the module. Whilst you can turn cache on for the template you'll find that most modules also have a cache setting - generally in their advanced settings. So yes, you can optimise the cache for the template overall whilst still setting no cache for example to a module.

Does that make any sense to you or have I just babbled?!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swissa For This Useful Post:

chriso0258 (10-18-2014), Saguaros (05-11-2012), shafee_howard (05-14-2012)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Yep. That makes sense. Thanks much.

Licensed Member Expired
    Joomla Template Club Member - 1 Year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Many thanks for this! Once i have made all the changes and i change the Enable Development Mode back to No, all of my changes dissapears and all the original features are back!

I dont understand what is going on here? I have clicked the JAT3 Clean Cache and refreshed my page and the changes are still not there! :-(

The only reason i want to select it back to No is that i have noticed the site does take a while to load up :(

Any help is much appreciated

I have tr

JA Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Hi choiwan,

Where did you make changes: in articles or in modules? if you made changes in modules, you should check whether cache is turned on in Advanced settings of that module or not.

Click Thanks if my post is helpful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast