1. WANTED: Forum Moderators >> and YOU can help!

April Responsive Joomla template for Interior Design - JA Decor is out >> Demo | More info

April Responsive Magento theme JM Leathercraft >> Demo | More info

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - 1 Year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Adding a simple slide show

Hello, I am creating a new site for J2.5+ using JA Purity II -- to replace my old site . In that one I used JA slideshow in the topsl1 position.

Is that extension still good, or has it been replaced? What's the best way to add a simple slide show to my new site? I don't need thumbnails etc, just the images.

Thanks -- Howard Ballinger

Licensed Member
    JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - Renew 1 YearWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shafee_howard View Post
    Hello, I am creating a new site for J2.5+ using JA Purity II -- to replace my old site . In that one I used JA slideshow in the topsl1 position. Is that extension still good, or has it been replaced? What's the best way to add a simple slide show to my new site? I don't need thumbnails etc, just the images. Thanks -- Howard Ballinger
    Howard as a paid member you have access to all the current JA Templates that if you use the Quickstart installation come with slideshows included and set up, I'm just wondering why you want to use a free template that isn't in my opinion as visually brilliiant or have the range of features Nex, Orisite or even minimalist crap like Puresite does. But it's your site I guess. You can take the slideshow from another template (download) and install to Purity II then as its just a module publish to a position Cheers Shane
    2014 - Lets hope it's an improvement on last year for all.

JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - 1 Year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Apparently your tastes aren't the same as mine, or our group's. I was working with 'Nex', and found it full of hyperactive crap that I would just have to turn off. I pretty much just need the basics.

So how do I copy a slide show from Nex to PurityII? Looking in my Nex install I don't see anything I'd recognize as a slideshow in /components, /modules or /plugins.

Have a nice day -- HB

Licensed Member
    JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - Renew 1 YearWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shafee_howard View Post
    Apparently your tastes aren't the same as mine, or our group's. I was working with 'Nex', and found it full of hyperactive crap that I would just have to turn off. I pretty much just need the basics. So how do I copy a slide show from Nex to PurityII? Looking in my Nex install I don't see anything I'd recognize as a slideshow in /components, /modules or /plugins. Have a nice day -- HB
    Sorry you have interpreted my post as possibly offensive it seems, or dissing you for choosing Purity over better templates, as you infer I have no taste when it comes to templates, I'll gracefully pass on going further with help. and leave it to those who are paid to deal with you. Have a really nice day Shane
    2014 - Lets hope it's an improvement on last year for all.

Licensed Member
    Joomla Developer Membership - Renew 1 yearJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year ExpiredWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    I'm not a moderator, staff or support member. So for your own safety, DO A BACKUP first!
    Don't play with a live production site - always build and test using a development site.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swissa For This Useful Post:

shafee_howard (04-29-2012)

+ Reply to Thread