1. **HOT RELEASE** : JA Jason - Responsive Joomla template for portfolio [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Info ]

*RELEASE* : JM Aroma - Responsive Magento theme for online restaurants [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Info ]

*IMPORTANT* Help us choose travel extension for October template [ Vote now ]

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - 3 Months Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Ja Methys used for my online magazine

I was new to joomla when I purchased Ja Methys, I had searched for countless hours for a magazine template to convert my static site to. The learning curve for joomla was about 6 months and I had almost given up on Ja Methys and went back to my old site with the cumbersome updating system. I am so glad I didn't. I have been able to make Ja Methys exactly what I wanted it to be. I am still learning but I am figuring out was to accomplish what I want my online magazine to not only look like but also function as. Take a look at what I have done with Ja Methys and give me some feed back, also I have added other plugins and modules, if I can help you in anyway please feel free to ask. I thank you for your future comments! I love Ja Methys!

http://www.mrlatinomagazine.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peteq3 For This Useful Post:

JA Developer (04-09-2012)

JoomlArt Support Member JA Developer's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,629 Posts
    Nice work there mate! Keep up the great work !
    Please click "thank you" button when get right answer from others.
    If your problem has been solved find the best answer and click (Mark Best Answer)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peteq3 View Post
    I was new to joomla when I purchased Ja Methys, I had searched for countless hours for a magazine template to convert my static site to. The learning curve for joomla was about 6 months and I had almost given up on Ja Methys and went back to my old site with the cumbersome updating system. I am so glad I didn't. I have been able to make Ja Methys exactly what I wanted it to be. I am still learning but I am figuring best handheld vacuum out was to accomplish what I want my online magazine to not only look like but also function as. Take a look at what I have done with Ja Methys and give me some feed back, also I have added other plugins and modules, if I can help you in anyway please feel free to ask. I thank you for your future comments! I love Ja Methys!

http://www.mrlatinomagazine.com

Good job! I'm still learning Joomla as well, taking quite a bit of time :(

If you don't mind me asking, what other plugins and modules did you add?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Nice work. I like the location on where you placed the social buttons.

The background color is close to perfect too.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Nice work done, I liked it a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 2,135 Posts
    GREAT JOB !!! - Especially with the opening splash/landing page ... VERY nice touch.

As a bit of constructive criticism . . . .
    For myself (personally), I'm not certain I am crazy about the main navigation being at the tip top of the site - as opposed to just below the main top banner image and the middle (currently "Dos Armadillos") banner image. For me, the "white bar" aspect of the main nav detracts my eye from the VERY COOL feel of your site logo and main image.

PERHAPS an idea to play around with (in a offline/non-live setting) could be to keep the main nav up top, but change the background color to black and make the menu items white. I played around with it using Firebug and, in my personal opinion, it seems to contrast/blend better with the overall "suave" of the top third of the site (if that makes sense).

see/click example image below:

white-nav-example.jpg

Just a constructive thought/suggestion . . . you've REALLY done a GREAT JOB with it !!!

TOM

Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful

HELPFUL REFERENCE LINKS:

JA J3.3 UPDATE ROADMAP

USING FIREBUG to CUSTOMIZE YOUR SITE

WORKING with LESS CSS

WORKING with BOOTSTRAP FRAMEWORK

+ Reply to Thread