1. **NEW** JA Nuevo - August Joomla template - now available [ Info ] [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Review ]

**HOT** Best Support Guy - Vote, Comment & Win [ Vote ]

**NEW** JM TravelGear - August Magento Theme released [ Info ] [ Demo ] [ Download ] [ Review ]

8 more tutorial videos on developing with T3 Framework [released]

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Licensed Member Expired
    Joomla Developer Membership - Renew 1 year ExpiredJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year ExpiredJoomla Extensions Club - 1 Year ExpiredWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Post Prioritize the upgrade from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5

Dear Joomlart,

Since I read your article on Roadmap for updating our Joomla! 1.7 products to Joomla! 2.5, I have taken the task to check how much the templates have done since their birth.

I looked at the total downloads for all the templates that are still for ONLY Joomla! 1.5. A massive total of about 82 templates (there may be a little bit more as I did not find data on some of them, maybe 3 or 5 old ones).

I checked the total downloads for all of them, and wherever there was data, I ranked them accordingly - from 1 to 12 with the Highest number of downloads first. See images.

I ordered them per year, hoping this will help in finding out quickly how to prioritize. (Nothing genius). This was checked on 31st January 2012 between 15:07 to 15:30 GMT.

Most (if not all) of the 2010 and all of 2011 templates are already on Joomla! 1.7 with the latest framework, I presume. So this is based on ONLY 1.5 templates running on the old framework.

See word document attached for more details.

JA 2008.jpg
    JA 2006.jpg
    JA 2009.jpg
    JA 2007.jpg

Joomlart Templates Downloads Stats.doc
    Last edited by iguinee; 02-02-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: images to show

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Appreciate the effort and thought process . . . Will take the information into consideration.
    TOM

Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful

HELPFUL REFERENCE LINKS:

JA J3.3 UPDATE ROADMAP

USING FIREBUG to CUSTOMIZE YOUR SITE

WORKING with LESS CSS

WORKING with BOOTSTRAP FRAMEWORK

Licensed Member
    JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - Renew 1 Year

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Will there be upgrades from 1.5 to 2.5 or will we need to redesign from scratch. We stayed with 1.5 instead of upgrading to 1.6 or 1.7 as originally there was to be upgrades to 1.8 available. Going to be a busy month if we have to start over on all our sites.

And thank you for all the efforts the team has made with all the changes. I understand the workload you face as a result of supporting all these version changes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Perhaps this may help . . . MIGRATING from J1.5 to J1.7 . . . to J2.5
    TOM

Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful

HELPFUL REFERENCE LINKS:

JA J3.3 UPDATE ROADMAP

WORKING with LESS CSS

Magento Theme Club Member - Personal Licensed ExpiredJoomla Extensions Club - 1 Year ExpiredJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Please is JA NEX 2.5 ready?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blink_black View Post
    Please is JA NEX 2.5 ready?
    SEE THIS --> http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/joomla-25-templates-and-extensions-update-and-our-roadmap

F
    urther, a number of members have updated their JA-Nex templates to J2.5 and have reported that it is working as it should
    TOM

HELPFUL REFERENCE LINKS:

JA J3.3 UPDATE ROADMAP

WORKING with LESS CSS

Magento Theme Club Member - Personal Licensed ExpiredJoomla Extensions Club - 1 Year ExpiredJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks Tom. I am reading through the tutorial. However, that is for migrating Joomla to 2.5. I was under the impression that if the template is not 2.5 ready, it wont work.

EDIT::: I did not see your response using my mobile device. I logged in now and saw it clearly. Thanks.

Licensed Member
    JoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - Renew 1 Year

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Correct me if I am wrong but a few months ago there were posts regarding the migration or roadmap that Joomlart was working on. All templates were going to be updated, to use the JAT3 system and they are not. Also mentioned going from 1. 5 to 1.8 as an option since a lot of 3rd party development skipped 1.6 altogether. That's why we stuck with 1.5.

Given that the process of going from 1.5 to 2.5 now looks like it involves upgrading to 1.7, I think there will be many issues to sort through. It's not just the template but the the extensions and the modifications.

We have clients asking about the upgrade process and I'll assume it's better to start over as the 2.5 templates are introduced rather than try to upgrade unless there is a script to do so. How that would work with 3rd party extensions is yet another issue we all face. K2 and a few other components are built into the recent templates releases and I don't see how upgrading can be a simple process. Correct me if I am wrong.

Licensed Member Expired
    Joomla Developer Membership - Renew 1 year ExpiredJoomla Template Club Member - 1 Year ExpiredJoomla Extensions Club - 1 Year ExpiredWall Builder Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Just wondering how this project is going as it is a bit quite (surely not from JA's end). Any updates for us?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    hi iguinee,

We do have plans to upgrade templates from 1.5 to 2.5 in the coming time, however, a confirmed date / month for the releases can not be provided at this time... we have been pretty occupied on other important projects.

Plus Joomla 3.0 with twitter bootstrap and other changes are bound to affect the templates, so we are waiting for 3.0 too.. coz it would be lot of work for us to redo all our current templates too...

Too many joomla versions and too many core changes makes it harder for us to be in sync... too many backlogs to take care of.

We shall announce on the blog, once we can have a clear roadmap for release.

Regards

Arvind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast