I've been with JoomlArt for over a year now, and am a little disappointed in updates. I had my 3 websites using JoomlArt templates, but once I updated to the t3 1.6.0 framework, everything got broken. The sites were running extremely slowly, almost 15 - 30 seconds to load, and too many things had gone wrong. It seems as though JA's taking one step forward and two steps backward. If you look at the last four releases, they're all "too" similar. JA templates and its ja_extensionsmanager create hundreds of unwanted files that drive one's inode count through the roof. It's just not right.
Unfortunately, I became so frustrated with the framework trouble that I've had to remove JA products off of two of my domains. It's been a frustrating year and I had to abandon the platform. It's far too slow and clunky lately, and the new releases do not impress me.
When I started at JA, I was new here and loved many of the earlier products. For me, with each new update comes several new problems, and I simply don't have time to mess around.