1. **Hot** JA Nuevo - August Joomla template - now available [ Info ] [ Demo ] [ Download ]

[Preview] JM TravelGear - Magento theme for outdoor activities gear stores [Sneak Peek]

8 more tutorial videos on developing with T3 Framework [released]

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Joomla Developer Membership - 1 year ExpiredJoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - 3 Months Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

How do I embed javascript into article?

Hello,

I am trying to create an article, where I would like to embed a javascript code to display some player stats for a player profile page.

For example, here is the code I want to embed:

<script src="http://www.hockeydb.com/em/?text_col=%23000000&linktext_col=%230000ee&linktex t_hover_col=%23770000&bg_col=%23f0ecdd&border_col= %23000000&title_bg_col=%23d6cda5&row_bg_col=%23fff fff&row_alt_bg_col=%23f5f2e9&header=1&pid=108670" type="text/javascript"></script>

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Global Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Download Jumi from here.

http://jumi.vedeme.cz/

Joomla Developer Membership - 1 year ExpiredJoomlaTemplate Club Member - Personal License - 3 Months Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Hi Phill, thank-you. I checked the jumi extension out, read a lot of user reviews, read the support ducimentation, and installed the Jumi mod/plugin onto my Joomla site.

I have fiddled around with it for a few hours now, but am having a trouble grasping the basics of what I need to do to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

For example, the scrip I have (below) would show the player stats and is from a site called hockeydb.com. The stats would show on the page and automatically update daily.

This is the script:
    <script src="http://www.hockeydb.com/em/?text_col=%23000000&linktext_col=%230000ee&linktex t_hover_col=%23770000&bg_col=%23f0ecdd&border_col= %23000000&title_bg_col=%23d6cda5&row_bg_col=%23fff fff&row_alt_bg_col=%23f5f2e9&header=1&pid=108670" type="text/javascript"></script>

This is the page I want to embed it on (at the end of the article):
    http://www.sypfantasyhockey.com/inde...d=44&Itemid=83

I understand you are not necessarily a Jumi expert, but if you are able to help me with the basics to start out.

I read that all the scripts must be stored on my server somewhere, so I am assuming that the src code inside the above script is not enough to tell the plugin to show that source?

Sorry for the dumb questions....any help is so very much appreciated.

Licensed Member Expired
    Joomla Developer Membership - 1 year Expired

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Hi Phill, thank-you. I checked the jumi extension out, read a lot of user reviews, read the support ducimentation, and installed the Jumi mod/plugin onto my Joomla site.

I have fiddled around with it for a few hours now, but am having a trouble grasping the basics of what I need to do to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

For example, the scrip I have (below) would show the player stats and is from a site called hockeydb.com. The stats would show on the page and automatically update daily.

This is the script:

This is the page I want to embed it on (at the end of the article):
    http://www.sypfantasyhockey.com/inde...d=44&Itemid=83

I understand you are not necessarily a Jumi expert, but if you are able to help me with the basics to start out.

I read that all the scripts must be stored on my server somewhere, so I am assuming that the src code inside the above script is not enough to tell the plugin to show that source?

Sorry for the dumb questions....any help is so very much appreciated.
    just create a table inside the article body and insert the script into the table?

ShannonN

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Your default Joomla editor (tinyMCE) will strip <script> tags when you save the article unless you configure it not to.

Go to Extensions>Plugins>editors>TinyMCE and on the right hand side set...
    Code Cleanup on Startup: Off
    Code cleanup on save: Never
    Do not clean HTML entities: Yes
    ....Save.

Now go back to your article and click the 'HTML' button and paste in your script where you want it to appear. Save. And it should work fine.
    Please use the forums SEARCH before posting! Please BACK UP files before editing!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scotty For This Useful Post:

theprofessor (04-04-2009)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Your script above does not work though :(
    Please use the forums SEARCH before posting! Please BACK UP files before editing!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Your default Joomla editor (tinyMCE) will strip <script> tags when you save the article unless you configure it not to.

Go to Extensions>Plugins>editors>TinyMCE and on the right hand side set...
    Code Cleanup on Startup: Off
    Code cleanup on save: Never
    Do not clean HTML entities: Yes
    ....Save.

Now go back to your article and click the 'HTML' button and paste in your script where you want it to appear. Save. And it should work fine.
    Scotty...this works beautifully! Thank you so much...I knew it was something simple...just that my mind is more simple,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Your welcome.

Fits in nice with the page actually.

+ Reply to Thread