PDA

View Full Version : Solved JA Elastica - Search Module

reinhofer
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi!

Thanks for this great template!
There is just one thing i did not find in your wiki. Which module position do I have to select to place the search module as in your demo?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

pavit
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi

The search module in Ja_Elastica is published in the search position

reinhofer
01-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks, please just don't ask why I have not tried this position :laugh:

barryp
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi

I'm confused - just installed Elastica & the only positions I can use are position-5 & position-6

If I select ANY other - including 'Search' nothing appears in front-end
Funny that the only two that work do not appear in the Module 'select position' pop-up window.

swissa
01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Hi

I'm confused - just installed Elastica & the only positions I can use are position-5 & position-6

If I select ANY other - including 'Search' nothing appears in front-end
Funny that the only two that work do not appear in the Module 'select position' pop-up window.

From the wiki - http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Elastica/Overview

(This template does not use default module positions of T3, it is re-defined for the convenience with the responsive web design technology)

barryp
01-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks for replying - I know I'm being slow to understand, but the answer to 'Reinhofer's question was to use the 'search module position' which seemed to satisfy him.

But know I see from the wiki that there are only 3 module positions available - not 'Search'

(and what is the difference between position-5 & 7 ?? - why have both ??)

swissa
01-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi barryp

I can only refer you to what it says in the wiki although I can use the search position on my site too. Otherwise it's just position-5 and position-7 that work for me as stated below.

JA Elastica Template is developed in T3 Framework V1.6 but it does not use default module position of T3 Framework, the module positions are re-defined.
<blocks name="top" style="xhtml"> <block name="header" type="header" main-inner="1"></block> </blocks> <blocks name="middle"> <block name="right1">position-7, position-5</block> <block name="right2" type="extra-col">extra-col</block> </blocks> <blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml"> <block name="footer" type="footer"></block> <block name="masonry" type="masonry" no-wrap="1" no-main="1"></block> </blocks>

The above code defines all position used in JA Elastica Template, there will be 3 enabled positions that modules can be assigned to display in front-end (position-5, position-7 and extra-col). The extra-col position is only enabled in extra-wide layout.
Note: Almost modules used in the template are custom HTML modules.

barryp
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks again for replying - I'll continue with my learning . . .

swissa
01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks again for replying - I'll continue with my learning . . .

Always good to check the wiki of each template first as a starting point - it gives in-depth details, settings as per the demo, usw, etc.

Bestens

ariedolfin
07-21-2012, 09:54 AM
hi all, can you chek whats wrong with my site, in the main menu frontpage, module is normaly shown,
but in others menu with single article module move in the bottom after content.

you can visit the site artechbali.net

thanks.

Ninja Lead
07-23-2012, 05:53 PM
What error your mention about? Please update your screetshot the error.

sandernatur
08-14-2012, 08:43 PM
swissa, I am also experiencing problems with creating the extra-wide layout. I followed the tutorial but nothing happens. Do I have to note some information in extra-col.php and what information is it. I have tried to put in the given information in the tuturioal in the different php and css files but nothing happens. Hope you or somebody else can help me with this. What is the first step I have to take?

HeR0
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Sandernatur
Did you follow the guide of extra-wide layout http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Elastica/Grid_and_Layout#Extra-wide_layout ?

You must clean cache to see the changes.

Regards