PDA

View Full Version : Solved Error 500: 500 - An error has occurred. Missing field in the database: JTableContent



andbeyond
12-05-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm having a problem in the back end.

Whenever I try and do anything (edit an article etc) I get an error message
"Error 500 - An error has occurred. Missing field in the database: JTableContent id."

It has happened before and I solved it (??) by shutting everything down and restarting.

But it has happened again and restarting has not worked.

It is happening on my local installation (1.7.3). And it is happening in several sites which have different databases. So it is not something I have done to a particular site.

The front end of these sites is working OK.

Any ideas?

n6rej
12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
something is wrong with the permissions. My recommendation is to use akeeba admin tools and reset the permissions.

nayan007
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
The "500" error code is used within Joomla! to designate when the system has caused a fatal internal server error that the system believes it should not recover from. When this error is triggered, the system will immediately halt and display the error page.

For your reference you can use this links for solution :- http://support.netfirms.com/coding/errors/how-do-i-fix-a-500-internal-server-error-on-my-website

http://connectwww.com/how-to-fix-500-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/607/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1848179/500-internal-server-error-when-using-httpwebrequest-how-can-i-get-to-the-real-e

http://imagicon.info/cat/5-21/vbulletin-smile.gif

jooservices
12-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm having a problem in the back end.

Whenever I try and do anything (edit an article etc) I get an error message
"Error 500 - An error has occurred. Missing field in the database: JTableContent id."

It has happened before and I solved it (??) by shutting everything down and restarting.

But it has happened again and restarting has not worked.

It is happening on my local installation (1.7.3). And it is happening in several sites which have different databases. So it is not something I have done to a particular site.

The front end of these sites is working OK.

Any ideas?

Hi i need access your site backend & ftp to check and fix this issue.
Thank you

andbeyond
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks to the three of you for your replies.

Further developments were:

I tried resetting all permissions to let everyone have read/write access to everything. Didn't work.

I tried to access my database via MyPhp but got an error message blocking my access "#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured) "

I figured the database was corrupt, no idea why although I did at one stage have 2 joomla sites open both accessing the same database for sample content.

I solved the problem in a rather crude way.

I made a copy of the htdocs folder, with it various sites, which holds all the customised template files I'd been working on.

I then restored the whole of the Xampp installation from my back-up Time Machine from24hrs before the problem occurred.

Xampp then worked, I was able to open MyPhp via xampp see my main database etc, Then I transferred the Htdocs folders into xampp.

Sites back working all the design modifications in place BUT (obviously) I'd lost all the edits I'd done through the backend the previous 24 hrs.

Now I'm taking regular backups of the database and htdocs files!

Hi Jooservices, I am developing on a local installation at the moment so can't give access, thanks for the offer to help.

Hi, nayan007, Thanks for those links had very quick look, very informative.

Hi n6rej, Yes everywhere I looked talks about permissions bit I tried opening all permissions up and it didn't seem to work. Thanks.

n6rej
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I should've been more clear but now I understand more also... when setting permissions unless your using a substandard way of using apache then permissions should be '755 folders" 644 files" Akeeba admin tools has a tool specifically designed to do this. It can also repair corrupted db's which you most likely had and here's why.
When you do something to the joomla backend / frontend ( like login ) a "session" entry is created. Those session entries will not jive from two separate sites. That is not the proper way to do multi-site afaik. There is a component that does this but I would NEVER recommend doing it that way. Another tool you will find will help you dramatically is Akeeba Backup. This wonderful utility creates backups via time, on demand, & a few other way and provides for archival management of the same. Further to restore / migrate a site backed up its a 2 file upload and it restores your site 100% with everything working as before but allows for new installation parameters. It's a awesome program and not one I would enjoy living w/o. Either way I"m glad you got this figured out.